Blueprint Scripting Tutorials - Beginners & Advanced

Yeah like I have the concept down and I have just started work on my models. We’re just two guys playing with UE4 at the moment but we really love Dark Souls and were thinking of creating a dark fantasy world similar to it. Thanks for looking into it Peter!

Keep up the outstanding work!

Seconded.

To the moon.

Hi Peter. I have followed your tutorial on AI Behavior tree and NavMesh tutorial.I’m now working on a building walkthrough.
May I know how to make the player character move to a point (not patrolling) when i press a key like W>go forward/S>back/A>Left/D>Right

I see you are working on an A* tutorial. I look forward to checking it out! :slight_smile:

amazing tutorials. Thank you :wink:

Thanks a lot I’m happy it was able to help. I’ve thought of making some of those system, I will likely do it another time. I got the idea for wall running from Titan Fall, but I will try to implement Tribes / UT Mechanics.

No problem! Now that I’m back home, I will see what I can get done!

Thanks Twisted Polygons!

Awesome!

You would be controlling the point they navigate to using your keys?

Yes yes! I will finally have time to do it!

Thank you for the support!

UPDATE

Hey Guys!

I’m back from my trip teaching at ASU. Its been a long time, and I’ve had a lot of time to think. I felt I learned a lot from the trip as a whole, the people, the kids, the pos software we I had to learn! Lol! I’m back and ready to continue tutorials! Releasing last of Movement Mechanics soon and starting on a new project! So look out!

Peace

@Peter, I have a request related to AI (based on your tutorials - thanks for those btw!).

• How to deal with death, and in particular, playing an animation before destroying the actor? Play Animation, even after setting it to use Anim Assets instead of the Anim Blueprint, does not seem to work. I even tried calling Stop Movement without luck. Just destroying the actor does work, though.

I had another one, related to how to make the AI do stuff while on a Move To path, but I think I realized how to do that myself, at least for my case.

Edit: Oh, hey I do have another. How do you get a reference to the Nav Mesh data outside of the level blueprint? There are certain functions that require a Nav Data to be passed in (Get Random Point in Radius, for instance), but they don’t function if you don’t pass the nav mesh in, and I can’t figure out a way to get a reference to it outside of the level blueprint.

Dude that is Awesome!

I suggest creating a death state which doesn’t cycle out. At that state an event should be called to notify the Blueprint Actor to play the animation, then destroy itself. Even if you use Stop Movement, will continue to move if the behaviors are still running. I’ve done something similar when I told an NPC character to update its animation when a player is engaging it.

That function works for me without NavigationData, but the way I would retrieve the reference is by using Get All Actors of Class. If you feel you may need it often, consider adding it to your AI Data Asset.

Awesome, thanks dude, I’ll try that tonight.

D’oh, can’t believe I didn’t think of Get Actors of Class.

Are you sure Random Point in Radius works (without passing the nav mesh reference)? When I give it a starting point and radius, it always returns the initial starting point.

No problem! I tried it just as I told you about it. Could have been fixed in 4.3? :x

Weird, maybe I’m wrong. I’ll try it again.

I’m actually using 4.3 already.

Hi Peter, regarding your camera sway tutorial,
do you know why I am having a pitchign problem when trying it on a First Person Blueprint?

See: Why is my camera sway pitch lost from my Blueprint? - Cinematics & Media - Epic Developer Community Forums

can you do a never-ending sidescroller with only the basics in terms of blueprints because these tutorials are really hard, i guess there is one good thing aboit c++, you can copy and paste but seriously, never ending, with a respawn menu (you may have done one but that was in 4.2 or something and the menus have been changed around.)

I will replicate this now and post on the answers for you!

I sure could. I’ve done something similar with Flappy Bird, but did you have any examples of what you would like to see? It would help a lot. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks Peter!

If you could look into making a login screen which connected to a database of some sort I’m sure that would just help tons of multiplayer games. Myself included :stuck_out_tongue:

My pleasure ash22!

I will let you know once I release something like this! :slight_smile:

thinks for your video tutorials,but i have a problem in your Attack on Titan Grappling System , i want to know how to change the End Location in my character’s hand?Thanks!

If you download the grappling project, you can copy and paste the code from within the project. There is no official way, this is a work-around.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ic9nhn4jz7bcmbi/GrapplingProject.rar

Peter