Blueprint Radio for Learning Purposes

Me and a friend made a while back for a project that we are no longer doing, so we decided to release it to the community for learning purposes, please note that it is not perfect but its a good example of how to make complex blueprints.
Model and texture work was done by myself and you have full rights to use it in your project if you wish along with the blueprint itself.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide any audio apart from the static so i have connected up the “starter music” to all stations, feel free to change in the blueprints components.

Please note is a 4.3 project.
DOWNLOAD (sorry for large file) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwcqVritglcbeHNGaG5tbElpUU0/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Wow is great thank you.
I’m still learning UE4 and will definitely be a resource I will use to learn blueprinting :smiley:

Howdy Divinitize,

Fantastic work on your Radio Blueprint. I am going to have to implement into a project when I get the . Keep up the great work!

Awesome, thank you!

Very instructive, thanks!

hello, firstly I would like to thank you a lot for your contribution :smiley:
However, Im currently working on UE4 4.2 version. Because Im a student and I couldn’t resubcribe continously :slight_smile:
I really hope that you can provide your work for my UE version. I think there is a convert project option in the launcher ?

Thank you again for your amazing work. :slight_smile:

I’ll see what i can do about getting a 4.2 version setup, it wont be until later on in the day though so hang tight, ill edit the post tonight.

is awesome!

I noticed the static is at full volume when you walk away, unlike the music. Couldn’t fix it. I figure, you’d take the 3d sound result volume and the static is then the inverse, (1 - volume). Easier to do in code I guess.

My apologies, unfortunately some little things like always get through, however it’s a lot simpler to fix than you stated,

simply follow these instructions on WNOISE audio in the components tab.

Thanks.

simply follow these instructions on WNOISE audio in the components tab.

[/QUOTE]

Brilliant. It works. One more thing, if you want to look into it- I can’t go back and tune the radio again. I added the R key in the blueprint, so I go in and tune the radio with R… come back out of that, and it’s not happening with F. No red blueprint events in the graph. If I was programming it would be easy to see, and that’s why I like c++. But blueprints thing is confusing. No key down event- that never happens in c++.

I just checked and it seems that bug is being caused by both enable and disable input. When we first used we had a trigger box to allow and disable input once we entered it, would prevent us from activating the radio from across the other side of the level, and for releasing it we removed it. So if you wish to carry on using the way it is, without needing a trigger box then use the following adjustments.

Remove both enable and disable input from your current blueprint and add the following section i have highlighted in green.

If there is anything else i can assist you with, don’t hesitate to ask.

I just checked and it seems that bug is being caused by both enable and disable input. When we first used we had a trigger box to allow and disable input once we entered it, would prevent us from activating the radio from across the other side of the level, and for releasing it we removed it. So if you wish to carry on using the way it is, without needing a trigger box then use the following adjustments.

Remove both enable and disable input from your current blueprint and add the following section i have highlighted in green.

[/QUOTE]

Splendid. has really helped me. I will try to use it well.

is really great, I downloaded it and am now taking a look through what you’ve made. The way the dials and station needle work is nice and simpler than I thought it would be. :slight_smile:

We really appreciate it, it means a lot to our coder, is one of his earlier pieces.

The function after leaving the radio to get back into didnt work as you said yourself. i managed to find that on my own, other thing i noticed is that the movement speed is put back to a wrong speed when leaving the radio.
it is now set to 300 it is suppose to be 700.

i also added a hide character for myself cause i can see myself in First Person, and it sometimes stands in the middle of the screen when i enter the radio

but i have learned alot from blueprint. really nice job its super clear what everything does +1 Highly Aproved

[/QUOTE]

@Divinitize

Sorry for digging but I would like to know how to attach radio with Trigger box prevent it to play across the map please guide me

One more can i use for commercial purpose? Thank you :smiley:

Hi I’ve tried it in unreal 4.26 have done all the changes in post but the audio is not working for me… Any idea? I’ve trieddifferent thing without success, thanks!

could i get access to the drive file?