Blueprint Project package for IOS under Win7/8

Hi good day,

Study that UE4 can package project to Android and IOS,
and understand that Android can package below Win7 or Win8.
I’m using Windows 7 64bit now. Not yet have iMac OS X .

wish to understand more bout IOS, i get the info from UE4 Document,

is seen we can choose package IOS platform under MAC OS or Windows, right?

Currently, if you are using the launcher version of Unreal Engine, you can only deploy from Windows to iOS for Blueprints-based projects.

I’m using the UE4 Launcher, learning and will fully using Blueprint on my project. (zero c++ knowledge >_<).
More focus on 2D Side Scroller and 2D Puzzle Match 3 games.
So means that i can package my Blueprint project to smartphone and tablets such as Windows, Android and IOS under Windows 7 or 8 64bit system?

Hello ChoonMing,

At this moment in time, you are correct, As of the current version of UE4. You will be able to Package and Deploy your projects to iOS using Blueprints. Code based projects need X-Code, which is a mac program. You may not be able to deploy to all mobile and tablet devices. Here is a list for the Android devices that we have tested: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums. And here is a list of the iOS devices that we have tested: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/iOS/DeviceCompatibility/index.html

I hope this clears up any confusion that you may have. Please let me know if you need anymore information.

Thanks and have a great day!

UE4 Blueprint so powerful, thanks Epic have decision making 19usd monthly for us, nice benefit for those small indie Games Dev such as me. Good Job Epic.

Device Compatibility show that old model hardware have a little bit unsupport with UE4, but nvm for me, my project now most are 2D and 2.5D, i think its should be fine for me for those low-end device.

By the way, i still have 1 more question need to comfirm.

Studying the official tutorial, UE4 have 2 type, Launcher and Source Code.Install UE4 Source Code in Windows 7 need include VS2013.I’m using the UE4 Launcher version, and will doing all my project under Blueprint.cause I’m fresh in C++, zero knowledge.

I wish to know that, is that i still need install Visual Studio 2013 or Express inside my PC? Because i wont touch any C++ inside the engine code and also my project.

Thanks your help. :slight_smile:

Hey ChoonMing,

You will still need to have Visual Studio 2013 in order to compile the editor even on Blueprint based projects. Would you be able to share your DXdiag here so that i may be able to check and be sure that your PC can run UE4. The rendering part of the Engine is what can really make your experience with engine. Rendering is extremely reliant on the computers GPU.

Thanks!

Still no idea how VS2013 work on UE4, i thought only UE4 Source Code need VS2013.

by the way, i’m using Intel E3-1230 v2, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 128 SSD + 1TB HDD and ATI HD6750. i know that my display card lower performance in UE4, this few day looking for change it to Nvidia Maxwell GTX 970 4GB.

Just got word that you will not need VS2013 if you are working with a blueprint only based project. This is also true for using only the Launcher version of UE4. You will not need to have Visual Studio installed if you are only using the Launcher version.

As far as your specs go, It seems that everything hits the recommended marks except for the GPU , but it looks as though you are going to update soon. You should have very few problems running UE4.

Thanks!

WoW, is it good news for me. Epic good jobs, Blueprint really nice. :slight_smile:

Will upgrade my PC soon, is that UE4 will get better performance if i upgrade 2 unit GTX 970 for SLI ?

thanks ur help, Sean Gribbin. :slight_smile:

This should help out with what any questions about Specs for your PC: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/GettingStarted/RecommendedSpecifications/index.html

Thanks!