Blueprint pivot point

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SLamRVAAP64XHRrnHl4YwOL2joV8h3CI?usp=sharing

These are the assets I’m using, hope u can find out what’s wrong, might just be UE5 tho.

I see those are all UASSET files = I need same engine version

I don’t use UE5 so I cannot make any use of it in UE4

Only ‘raw’ files apply

If you have them in your Project - how did you import them?
Or those are a part of some marketplace assets?

the ones I sent are converted to UE4.27

They’re marketplace assets I use for the plane while working on my own plane assets

1 Like

Nice from you that you’ve prepared that for me ^ _ ^

no problem at all, thank YOU for helping me with this issue

1 Like

if there are any issues with the assets, you can download them from the unreal engine marketplace, they’re free, it’s the f15, you’ll find it :slight_smile:

No worries mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I actually got already one XD

Gonna download those assets myself as you suggested

But before that I wanna see if the Engine will really crash xD

alright, weird cause they worked for my UE4 version :man_shrugging:

Maybe it’s not all, the Parent is missing

It didn’t crash but I have an error that tells pretty everything :slight_smile:

yeah all the assets I made myself are gone cause I can’t convert them, those are just the assets from the pack, you might need to download them from the marketplace then

I don’t get it… I get Warnings that I should enable Physics in order to Add Force but it’s enabled…

Tried also to overwrite the value of this Boolean using BP after spawning the Plane - still same for whatever reason…

And after half an hour I found this in the Physics Collision Setup of the Plane

I checked how ThirdPersonCharacter has this setup - it’s Default for every collision

You only need to change Angular and Linear Damping for different parts to some values to make those parts otherwise you’ll get wiggling parts

I was able to make it fly but some parts are really wiggly and when it drops down it’s not just straight so you will need to find a solution to that

So basically you need to change the Physics Type for every Collision to Default/Simulate

But you will have a hard time figuring out the Linear and Angular Damping
Also instead of making specific bones to have some selected Damping you can set for whole Skeletal Mesh if you want

Next challenge will be the Force you apply and to which Bones in order to let it fly as intended but for now - you’ve got solution to this odd issue :smiley:

So this case is actually closed, if you will need anything for further setups just create a new post ;]

1 Like

thanks a lot, I’ll definitely try all of that and hopefully I can figure it out

I’ll just use another plane then, that seems like the most plausible option because i’m not that advanced yet and it’ll only bring more problems