Blueprint or C++

Hello, im absolutely new to programming and engines(just had experience in school on python, but better to forget ), and now i want to start everything from blank page, because got dream to become game developer. And the question is should i learn C++ or should i use blueprints. Would really appreciate the answer.

In the end, you will need to know both.
Also, “learning to program” is more important than “learning to program in X language.”
Some experience from Python, will absolutely be helpful for blueprints, and for C++, even though those are very different environments, because the basics of variables, containers, loops, logic, and algorithms, apply across almost all languages.

Just dive in, and build something!

That depends what is your endgoal. If you want to be coder (game dev or work as one). Go for C++. If its for hobby get into what is easier for you.

Imo, now best way to learn unreal coding is to start with C++, and use chat GPT as fast and non toxic slashdot tutor.

“coding” loop for when you want to learn:

• get idea for simple project
  • split it into separate tasks/functions
  • prototype those functions in blueprint (ask chat gpt how to solve those simple problems, then code them in BPs. be aware it usually fails miserably at complex problems).
  • when you have functionality working, and you understand how it is doing its stuff, ask chat GPT to do same code in C++ (usually you need to describe code step by step else it does some derpy code). Then replace that part of bp code with C++ code (as blueprintable function)

This way you can learn coding in unreal quite fast. And this is blueprints and C++.