Blueprint nodes not appearing until after Compile -> Save -> Play -> Stop

UE4 Official UMG tutorial: - YouTube

At 9:15 the guide speaks of adding an “Event Drop Action” node. In 4.7.2 this node only appears after compiling, saving, playing, and stopping the blueprint.

Discovery posted by Potat - YouTube (Tony S.)

Hello Distul,

I was looking over your question and when I tried to follow your first link I did not find the video that you mentioned in your post. I have a few questions for you that will help narrow down what issue it is that you are experiencing.

Quick questions:

1. Can you provide a new link to the video that shows this issue?
  2. Can you reproduce this in a clean project?
  3. If so, could you provide a detailed list of steps to reproduce this issue on our end?

Hello Rudy. I replied earlier, or so I thought, but my comment disappeared.

1. I corrected the link.

2. I’m not sure as I was following a longer guide, and it was near the end. There were others stating they had the same issue in the video comments though.

3. Follow the tutorial I suppose. The tutorial maker suggest he’s using a version less than 4.6, but all comments seem to indicate the problem is only in 4.7.

I’m using 4.7.2

Hello Distul,

I was unable to reproduce this issue on our end. I was able to pull up an event interface without having to play and stop. If you create a test interface like the one that is in the tutorial (in a clean project) do you still have the same issue?

Hello Distul,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will offer further assistance.

Thank you.