Blueprint merge tool (does not merge, then) crashes

Branch: Source build

Build version: 4.7.2-0+++depot+UE4-Releases+4.7

Detailed description of the issue: launching the command line blueprint merge tool (with UE4Editor.exe -diff) crashes on exit. Before exiting, it produces a file that that is not the result of the a (meaningful) merge operation.

Repro Steps:

1. create an empty project
  2. extract the four uasset files provided in the attachment (please notice that Test.uasset is identical to Test-A.uasset)
  3. Launch the command line merge tool with the options “-diff Test-A.uasset Test-B.uasset Test-Base.uasset Test.uasset” (actually, full pathnames were used, as can be seen in the attached log file)
  4. When the editor launches, notice that there are no conflicts and click on “Finish Merge”

The editor crashes. Notice that the Test.uasset has been changed. Opening it with in the editor shows that it’s now identical to Test-B.uasset and no parts of Test-A.uasset have been merged.

This occur 100% of the time.

Attachments: assets, log, crash dump

Hi iaanus,

This crash has been entered as UE-11968. Thank you for reporting it! It appears to be a different crash than this thread that you had posted in earlier.

Thanks,

Hi ,
the crash appears to be related to some UI stuff. Although unpleasant, I can live with it. What I would love to be addressed is the merge issue… I hope the test files can help you with that.

Hey iaanus,

The test files definitely help! Thanks for those. I’ve talked to our engineer in charge of the Merge Tool. He is aware of the functionality and UI clarity issues and is continuing to make improvements to the tool.

Has this been addressed as of 4.13? I crashed on a UI merge and presently UE is not detecting the need to merge (but git is). Any status would be sweet. Thanks!

Hi Sheffield49,

This crash is actually a result of outdated drivers. Please update your GPU drivers.