Blueprint Lerp(vector) Animation Problem

Hello, I am attempting to make an actor travel from point A to B upon spawning. For the most part it works, but I need the animation to be a consistent speed from start to finish. As it is the actor accelerates up to speed and then decelerates near the end of the animation. I’ve set up a timeline with a linear curve, but despite this it is still behaving as though curved. Any ideas what could be causing this? It is literally game breaking in my case.

a36e83cf75b57d2f2bc2accd6704d40e42921a03.jpeg

1e949d2c8f7750144d353a1b2ae50185d48c4d8d.jpeg

Hi PixelMaster,

You have a weird feedback effect going on (I don’t see how it would ever even reach a specific target point), as you are constantly trying to lerp from the instantaneous actor position to an instantaneous point 3000 units away (the GetActorPosition is being evaluated every time the timeline is updated). You need to save off the desired starting point and the ending point before doing the interpolation (promote each value to a variable in the right-click menu, setting them before triggering the timeline), and lerp between those two values.

Cheers,
Michael Noland

That did the trick! Thanks Michael. I didn’t realize it was recalculating every update. Strange that it didn’t keep moving forever though, as that is the behavior I would expect from such a loop.

It is still only going to keep moving for the duration of the timeline itself, it’s just going to go some other distance besides 3000 units, and at a funky nonlinear speed.

Cheers,
Michael Noland