Blueprint Interface not firing

I am having an issue where Interface functions aren’t triggering in the blueprint implementing them. More details below.

Here is my setup
- BP_ThirdPersonCharacter (I will refer to as “Character”)
- BP_HomingProjectile (I will refer to as “Projectile”)
- BPI_PlayerActions (I will refer to as “Interface”)

What the functionality is
I have a Projectile that orbits my character on a Spline. Clicking the “Attack” input (left-mouse in this case) will trigger an event which will find the nearest enemy in a given radius and call one of 2 events in the Projectile, one for homing on the target, and one to shoot straight ahead of the character. I have verified all of the underlying functionality here works fine. I am now cleaning up the blueprint and am moving this into an interface because my end goal is multiple blueprints that are each a type of projectile, each with a “With Target” and “Without Target” attack.

What the issue is
When calling the Interface functions from the Character, the events inside of the Projectile do not trigger.

in the image below I have 3 print strings. 1 for each of the entry points, and one for the exit point.

In the image below is the event inside the Projectile Blueprint and a Print String for “Inside Event With Target”

In the image below the "Enter Event With Target " execution path is taken and the “Exit Event” message shows. However the “Inside Event With Target” message is not showing, since none of the functionality is being triggered.

Here is an image of the Interface

I feel like this is a situation where I did something insanely obviously wrong and I am just totally overlooking it but nothing is jumping out at me.

Thanks for any help!

1 Like

The print node isn’t connected

1 Like

Sorry for the delay - came down with a bad sickness. But yeah, this was it. I knew it was one of those “I have been staring at this for too long so see it” issues…thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.