Blueprint function reorder won't work

Engine Version: 4.18.1

Issue: any attempt to reorder a function in a blueprint, result an error message directly on the cursor tooltip saying:
“Cannot reorder ‘function name’ into a different scope.”

This has been introduced on 4.18, on 4.17.2 functions in a blueprint couldn’t be reordered at all.

To reproduce:

• Create an empty project
  • Create an actor blueprint
  • Make two functions with any name, can be the default ‘NewFunction_0’, ‘NewFunction_1’
  • Attempt to reorder them dragging one function above the other in the functions list section, the issue should happen.

Hello,

Thank you for submitting a bug report. I have reproduced this issue and logged a report for it here

You can track the report’s status as the issue is reviewed by our development staff. Please be aware that this issue may not be prioritized or fixed soon.

Thanks!

Same thing for graph events, and event dispatchers, and… well basically anything but variables

Please fix this in next version or update even, top voted bug for blueprint editor with 16 votes !

If we may add mini-feature requests to relevant bug fixes…

( since you’re looking at the relevant code then anyway )

Why not have, in addition to manualy reordering, have multiple ordering options such as alphabetically, as an option per section or globaly. You could add a little icon next to the plus for additonal settings. like the triangle in blender and in so many applications, … Oh in Unreal too, but then without the eye.

Can use it later too to add things like show inheritance per section… but that’s out of the scope for this bug related feature eh.

this is basically same issue as mentioned… Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-55231)

Some attention on this issue would be nice. Thank you.

I seem to have run into this issue on UE 4.20.1 for the first time as well.

tested on 4.20.1, same issue. Only works with variables

tested on 4.21 still hasn’t been fixed
When will there be a quality of life update? All I see are new features towards VR/graphics. Blueprints are very powerful, and 99.5% of my game (been working on it for 3 years now) is done in blueprints. I’ve managed to abuse the living hell out of it, and I shut down anyone that claims that “serious” developers should use c++.

It would be nice if blueprints in general got some attention. There are a few things still missing.

tested on 4.22, same issue.

This is still an issue on 4.26. Not sure if it’s fixed in 4.27 or UE5. But man, that’s almost 4 years for this bug.