[Blueprint] Fully customizable elevator!

Hey guys, this is my first fully working blueprint :smiley: and I hope you guys like it, as I will use it once I build a high building in Unreal :slight_smile:
So my project here is a fully customizable elevator blueprint - so you drag in the elevator specify some params and let him move :slight_smile: (its not that realistic but putting the elevator inside a deep elevator shaft will work perfectly)
And probably the elevator shaft need doors to because the elevator just have doors but thats your decision (maybe I add this).
So heres a quick start guide how to set the elevator up:

1. Drag the elevator somewhere in your map
  2. Move it as you want it (notice that this position is always your Ground Zero :))
  3. Once you found the correct position for Floor 0, hit the Checkbox called ā€œSet Start Posā€ (its a bool but it acts like a button) - it should print something like ā€œFirst position set!ā€ onto your viewport
  4. Specify your desired Floor Height by changing the Z value of the Floor Height vector or moving the little diamond upon the elevator (it does not affect X or Y coords, it just takes the Z value)
  5. Tweak the ā€œDoor Open Speedā€ and ā€œElevator Speedā€ (their defaults are 1, but thats reaaaaaaaly slow - I recommend something like Main speed: 4 and Door Open Speed: 5)
  6. Like Elevator Music? No? Uncheck that bool. Otherwise leave it on!
  7. You can change the light properties in the ā€œLightā€ variable category.
    Youre done, so with this you should drive with your elevator to the default floors (0,1,2,3)

**Learn here how to add new floors or remove existing ones:
** 1. Open up the ā€œElevatorMenuā€ Widget Blueprint inside Elevator\Widgets
2. Switch to the graph section
3. At the left bottom you see a big comment box which is named ā€œEvent unitā€
4. As it says there, simply connect the OnClicked events of your new floor buttons with a ā€œWidget Driveā€ custom event. There you just have to specify the floor to which the button should lead.
5. Hook up the output of this custom event with the ForEachLoop in the comment box at the right hand side.
6. For the cosmetic part (disabling / enabling depends on which floor you are) add a pin on that Make Array and put your new buttons in.
7. Thats all, now your new floor buttons should be displayed and ready to work! (To remove existing floors, simply remove that OnClicked event of that floor with the Widget drive, and hook out the the button var on that Make Array node.)

Download link (requires 4.6): https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_kkwi64gdF7R2pnb3UxOXM4cHc&export=download

So that should be all, for questions please write here, and Iā€™m not native speaker in english so my language may be a little bit broken :smiley:
Have Fun!

Hey!
Nice asset. It have few bugs but very good as tutorial. Thank you!

The widgets are now shoeing but the elevator isnt working, the doors open, music plays, but when i click a level it wont work. I set floor height ans start pos. Am i missing anything?

Hmm, no idea, i have no time for testing right now, but are the widget classes correct in the Details panel?

Widget classes match for elevator display and elevator menu, attached is a photo of the details menu for ElevatorDisplay Widget.

Well then its maybe buggedā€¦ I will take a look on it when the game jam is done

Sounds good, thanks for giving support.

is the game jam done?

Yeah it is, but I totally forgot that this thing is up hereā€¦ Unfortunatelly my time is a bit limited due to my own project, school, and other stuff, but if I find time, Iā€™m gonna fix this hereā€¦

10/10! Great work mate

Seems good, but I canā€™t get it to work. Especially now weā€™re on 4.17!

This is the error in the blueprint of the main Elevator class.

erroredPleaseHelp.JPG

Hi friend can not download to your elevator project 403 ban says can you share with me?

yes , it needs a new link , getting 403 at the link

Hi!

The link is not working, anyways thanks for sharing!

Awww POOOā€¦ ABANDONED NECRO LINKS SHOULD BE PURGED!.

7 months laterā€¦

Iā€™m back SEVEN MONTHS LATER,. STILL LOOKING FOR A SIMPLE WORKING ELEVATOR FOR MY GAME OR A TUTORIAL THAT APPLIES TO VR (TRIGGER WITH OVERLAP BEGIN BOXES NOT LINE TRACE)!

CAPS: BECAUSE REASONS!!

can i get the access to the drive?