BluePrint flow animation not always work

File attached

Hi MorningStar,

Thank you for posting the file, I now see the problem. What is happening is that your pickup is being destroyed which is why you are not seeing the animated wires. If you put a Delay node following the Spawn Emitter at Location Node (even the Default setting of 0.2), you should see the wires animate again (very briefly however). I wasn’t quite sure if that was the case or if there was something else, but that appears to be the issue in this instance.

-W

oh I see thanks,
I think the animation should appear even if the object is destroyed to benefit from tracking the logic flow, this is not very important but good to have.

Version 4.12.5

I had a similar problem. When firing a gun the projectile spawned at the muzzle and I wasn’t able to see the flow animation in the projectiles blueprint…

The reason for this was that my Debug Filter wasn’t set to “BP_Projectile”. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to set it to “BP_Projectile” until the projectile was really spawned in my level.

So I had to launch my game, fire my gun first, then the projectile got spawned, then I immediately paused the game, and ONLY THEN I was able to set the Debug Filter to “BP_Projectile”.

A bit complicated, but I hope that helps anyone with the same problem.