Hi, want to get in touch with Unreal Engine 4 Blueprints and give myself this exercise, a object based fire propagation system.
So far it went quit well, needs some optimizations for sure.
You will have different attributes to control:
- flammable at: at which temperature the object starts to burn
- multiplier: while burning, increase/decrease the generated heat
- resistance: more res will result in less heat getting from other objects
- cooldown factor: after burned off, how fast the object will get cold
- mass and procentage of carbon: for calculation of the burning duration