Blueprint doesn't work in packaged project

Hello.

Here is my blueprint

The way its meant to work is it checks if the player is interacting with door 1 (Office Door) if not it checks if its the door 0 (bathroom door) that the player is interacting with, and if not it presumes its the last option and opens the door.

This works perfectly in editor, however once I package the game and run it, the door is locked and wont open. It’s especially hard for me to solve this since the bug is only in packaged game. I have tried switching from Shipping to Development build but the issue is in both cases.

Any ideas why this might be?

I could only assume one or more of your branches may be failing each time maybe because the variables aren’t getting set while you run it in a packaged state.

Best thing to do is highlight all the logic, press f9 to create breakpoints on everything and run it in standalone mode and go through each break point and see if the variables are where they should be. That’ll help you pinpoint the source of the problem pretty quickly.

1 Like

So for some reason in Standalone mode my breakpoints weren’t getting triggered, and in editor play the breakpoints showed results as they should be, but after making a new blueprint and making it the exact same as this one, it somehow magically worked lol, so not sure what the issue was but it’s fixed now, thank you for your reply