Hi everyone hope you’re well. This is my first post here, my names Richard Seabrook, developer of Prospekt the Half-Life 2 game that went on sale in Feb this year. I’m going to start wrapping up the development of that project soon and from what i’ve seen I really think UE4 is the right direction for me as coding isn’t my strongest area. I’ve tinkered with blueprints and it seems like it’s going to be very quick to get the hang of.
I would really like to start getting to know the community and improving my skills with Unreal as I think Unreal is the right direction for game 2.
I have knocked up an extremely detailed and comprehensive plan ( Pictured below ) in fine detail.
I’m just looking for some direction on where I could start with this idea. I will bullet point the objectives below.
- A constantly moving object upwards on screen.
- Randomly generated pick up items and obstacles that scroll down screen.
- Distance Traveled, Time elapsed and Energy Expended HUD.
- A background that changes over distance also continually scrolling.
- The player object is directed via the mouse input.
- After all energy is expended the player must rapidly press a key to keep going until they hit a fuel pickup.
- The object can pick up various power ups that increase the speed and size of the object.
- The game goes on for infinitum until the player hits an object and dies.
This is the brief that i’m going for at the moment and I would be really greatful if anyone could point me in the right direction to start learning how to do this.
Looking forward to joining the community and making my second game!
All the best.