"Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn't been removed!"

Trying to import assets from “[Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader” ([Community Project] WIP Weather & Ocean Water Shader - Game Development - Unreal Engine Forums), into another project. When trying to place an assets to scene or edit imported blueprints, I get a message saying "“Blueprint could not be loaded because it derives from an invalid class. Check to make sure the parent class for this blueprint hasn’t been removed!”. How can I get them to work?

Anyone…?

basically what this is saying is that there is another asset or c++ class in that project that needs to be imported with that asset or else it wont work. Also, ive found that trying to import while the game is open also usually doesnt work. what you should do is close your project, then go to the root folder (its in documents/unreal projects unless you changed it) then go into the content folder and drag them in there from the other project manually. If your not sure which asset it needs just import all of them. This should fix your problem.

Moved every single file from the original folder to my own projects content folder, still no change. This is driving me crazy :smiley:

inserting bump

For everyone who is having the same problem, just copy the plugins folder from the ocean project into your project folder (not in the asset browser) and restart the engine. Then it should be ready to use and don’t throw any errors.

1 Like

It works!! Thank you so much!!!