Blueprint code for dinosaur herds

Hi all,

One of the things I really think is missing from Ark is packs and herds, and herding behavior. Whilst Wildcard have got a good start with Allosaurus, and leveraging the concept of “alpha” leaders… the implementation is limited.

I’ve been tinkering around with blueprint scripting to implementing herd logic for various herbivores, for Galliimus, Stegosaurus etc, and began by copy/pasting the Allosaurus BP relevant functions (BeginPlay, UnStasis, GatherPack, IsPackLeader etc.) into my test dinos, but ran into a few problems:

a) of course the local variables don’t copy across, however when re-creating them (before or after creating a function)… they continually revert to “variable out of scope” whenever I do a blueprint compile. Even doing a refresh node on each and every part of the blueprint still results in the problem the minute I do a compile.

b) for the for/next loops, they end up with K2 instance errors (can post actual error if necessary)… and deleting them and putting them back into the function makes it go away… but it comes back (I think it’s something to do with variables out of scope… or maybe the K2 instance errors are causing the out of scope?).

There are a few other settings I don’t really understand, like the octal mask bits, so I thought I’d post here and see if the community wants to work with me and get this feature happening in many mods.

Have you tried using an AoE buff to transpose the variables? You can use the Instigator feature to get variables from the buff that passed it on.

Tao made a setup for this sort of thing, it is on the arkmodding wiki.