Blueprint + Cascade Fireworks system for my peeps!

> Thanks! I can’t wait till they are finished! :smiley:

Thanks !

Found this answer about categories that I was confused about [Request] Blueprint custom categories - Blueprint - Epic Developer Community Forums

Level Blueprint - I having trouble placing a new LaunchShell event. I right click and type “Laun…” and it never shows up. I can copy and paste the ones there but can’t figure out how to get it from scratch.

Edit: found it. Had to drag a noodle from the level placed BP_Fireworkslauncher then it shows up.

Ah, that tripped me up when I started with Blueprints.

What you need to do is first get a reference to the blueprint instance in your level. To do this, select the blueprint in the level, go into your level blueprint and right click and choose “Add reference to [your instance name here]”

This will give you a node. Drag the blue line off this node and you will be able to call the LaunchShell event!

This is a common workflow in Blueprints: You will need a reference to a certain class of object to access the methods, events and variables that are specific to that class.

http://i.imgur.com/c3yoFkU.png?1

http://i.imgur.com/tS8vQXZ.png?1

Thanks for the explanation, that helps. I was able to remake it from scratch while referencing your BPs a lot. Now I’m going to try again, w/o referencing. Thanks again, this has been a really helpful learning experience. Can’t wait to see your updated version.

Noice!
That’s why I put this stuff out there.
But, now I’m not needed sniff
:smiley:
The updated version is coming along and should be ready to go this week! I’m tempted to put it into the marketplace, but I want to get it out as fast as I can.

Amazing work here, !

I made a video on the analysis of the creation of a fireworks from , audio is french

That’s a fantastic breakdown!
I really need to do one myself! eek
:smiley:
thank you, Jmeletou2014!

Hey, that’s really awesome! :slight_smile:
Would be cool if someone could add in the sounds effects… Like from this: Best Firework Sound Effect [HQ] - Real Sound and Footage - YouTube

Totally. I don’t have a set of good effects I can use royalty-free tho. All the royalty free ones I’ve found are very poor quality :confused:

Well I’ll go look over the net… Since I’m not that good with Cascade, if I find something I’ll post it here so that some one (or you) can add them… Must say again, awesome work man! Yesterday, I just opened the play window in 1080p, and was watching the fireworks for a good couple of minutes… Never gets old… With sound, I’d make them shoot randomly infinite amount of time and just like watch at my screen :smiley:

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing it with us!

New version is up for voting for inclusion in the Marketplace!

Hey all! thank, everybody for your support! Epic contacted me and asked if I would package up the system and put it up on the Marketplace, so I did! (Who am I to say no?)

Click to check out the Trello board!

I’ve made some major improvements to the usability, performance, organization and capabilities of all the systems and I hope everybody can drop a vote for me!

And, of course, here’s a sizzle reel showing some of the new features:
YouTube?

Thanks everybody!

Awesome! :smiley: Voted.

Votes+ . Awesome.

Very Nice…:slight_smile: Thanks for sharing
Edit
**@ **
I wonder how much the package (at Marketplace) is different with the Free one at your Blog…!!?

Wow, really cool. Stupid question: Can I scale the fireworks? I would like to make it very small.

This is simply insane :smiley:

Only aspect missing are the sound explosions!!!

I want to trigger the fireworks by stepping into a trigger volume. I added this to the BP_Fireworks_launcher:

But it doesnt work, error message is " Infinite loop detected in Bp_Fireworks_Shell, asserted during set timer by function name with the following call stack"

I know it should be simple to do it, but i am a beginner in blueprints, how someone can point me the right way.