Blueprint-based Key Remapping System

I would also like to kno if 4.14 will be supported soon.

@Bpop System should work on 4.14. Just open it in 4.14 version and than migrate it into your project.

If you will run into any errors, feel free to ask here :slight_smile:

Hi.
I just bought your keymapping system and while it’s the easiest solution so far I am stuck in finding a solution. Anything I set into a player character works fine, but how do I implement these keys to a non-character blueprint. For instance I have a blueprint that works with overlapping actors and the player needs to press the use/interact key to “enter” a “gate” (Blueprint gate, not an actual gate). Any help would be highly appreciated otherwise I won’t be able to use this at all… Which is a shame because I’ve went through two other keybinding systems already and so far this one is the most promising.

Hello!

You do not need to implement anything in ur case. Just add new interaction button to your character and use BPInterfaces to interact with stuff it the world from it. Check some interaction with Interfaces tutorials, would help.
It’s pretty bad workflow, where you make interaction button events inside those blueprints. There are many BP’s and wich one you should interact is pretty hard to find, but inside character/controller it’s easy to find (check by trace what’s in fron of camera or by overlap near character) and call proper functions using one button event.

Thanks for the quick reply. I still am learning in certain areas and some of my objects are fairly old. I just got a bit confused with how to tackle the new input system. I managed to get one of my objects to respond using linetraces and getting the hang of how that works now. SO thanks for nudging me in the right direction. I just figured it would work more as regular inputs. I also had to figure out that I can use a branch to simulate the pressed/released input responses. That’s pretty neat actually so I could in theory have crouch being toggled or on the key being held down. :smiley:

Sorry for the double post but I wanted to make sure it got noticed. So, I have a question and I’m not sure where the problem lies. It seems that the gamepad thumbstick (looking up / down) is inverted. When I invert the Base Lookup Rate to -45 then the mouse is inverted. Is there anyway to fix this?

Unfortunately system does not support it yet. But uou can invert inside your character by doing something like that:

http://s1.uploadpics.ru/images/ZkSoRkCQ-z.png

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help !!! I’m almost done implementing the system and everything else seems to be going perfectly fine !!! I just wanted to say I love the system and am glad I bought it. I tried a number of other solutions but nothing worked and was a pain to even implement. This was so easy, just add the component and just figure out a few minor things.

The only problem I’m left with is a way to determine how to use duplicate keys in certain categories. For instance I have a normal gravity mode and a zero gravity mode. In normal mode Left Ctrl is Crouch. In zero G Left Ctrl is set to move down. Obviously I want the player to be able to bind both inputs to different keys. Because in Zero G you will never be able to crouch. Anyway, that’s not a huge deal and I should be able to find a workaround.

Again, thanks for the help and I really am glad I bought this system :slight_smile:

Hi, does it work with 4.15?

Hello. i want to know how i can print the key associate to an action, example i want to show to the player the key to pickup over an object.

@AlFlakky, do you have an ETA on when you think this will work with 4.16?

Hi! It should work with 416. Just open project in new version.

If you have any issues, feel free to ask me! (better in skype).

Hello. I have one question.
Is there a way to temporarily disable input?
I attempted to use the Disable Input node, but I could not disable it.
Also, I could also use InputModeUIOnly to disable the input, but I can not stop moving, I will continue to move in a certain direction until I return to InputModeGameOnly.

Hi

Im working on a project and added the Rebind system.
Well, everything is ok, i just have one problem.
If I use the menu and change the keys, it works on the level. no problem, BUT if i pause the game inside the level and change this Keybinds on the menu, when unpause and back to the level the keys are not working. This new keys are on the menu saved but doesnt apply to the gamepad or keyboard.
Have u some guess/clue?
It works that way ?

Can u help me please