Hello, i’m having some problem using construction script, when i compile, it’s ok, when i use it, that work too but if i compile again afte that, editor crash… so i won’t be able to edit my blueprint later and i don’t want that.
House (inherited from actor) :
- Contain an Array of Stage : stages. (instances of HouseStage are auto added to this array but the array is set to instance editable else it is not serialized.)
- Contain a float “StageDefaultHeight” (editable)
HouseStage (inherited from actor) :
- contain a float “altitude” (not editable),
- contain a bool “UseHouseHeight” (editable).
- contain a float “height” (editable).
- HouseStage contain a House manualy set in the editor.
How it work :
- The construction node in House::ConstructionScript call : House::HouseUpdate()
- HouseUpdate() call the func HouseStage::SetAltitudeAndHeight() on all stages (foreach).
- The construction node in HouseStage call House::HouseUpdate() on his house.
- There is no loop problem, the code work perfectly but not “at compile time” if i have already some instances added and settup to my game
Like i sayd, this work, the problem is at compile time if some instances are already added to the editor.
- Do you know exactly why this happen?
- Is there a way to say “do not exec” “at compile time” or “right after compile time”.
An other question that wont solve my problem but i just want to know, is there a way to set a variable (“in editor only”)?