Blue Isle Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled environment artist to join our team. Your focus will be to create large scale, immersive environments and atmospheres for players while remaining conscious of polygon limits, draw calls and fill rate. Your skills and responsibilities will include modelling, texturing, lighting, optimization and level design while reporting to the art lead. You must have the creative sense to sometimes work with little or no concept art, prototype and gather reference material for your designs.
This is a full-time employment position working from our office located in downtown Toronto, Canada. Remote workers will not be considered at this time.
- Work with the creative lead to deliver art assets by assigned due dates
- Design and implement artwork directly within Unreal Engine
- Optimize, combine and atlas textures and meshes to ensure good performance
- Use Unreal Engine 4 terrain tools to assemble large scale terrains
- A minimum of 2 years experience creating fully realized 3D environments
- Strong foundation in ZBrush/Mudbox, Quixel/Substance Painter and Photoshop
- A thorough understanding of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 4 material editor and authoring materials
- Experience creating Physically Based textures and materials
- Experience creating assets in Unreal Engine 4 as well as importing and managing assets
- Able to design and light interior/exterior spaces within Unreal Engine
- Experience with optimization techniques such as mesh merging and creation of texture atlases to reduce draw calls
- A good understanding of what’s needed to set dress an environment
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A degree or formal art training in illustration, traditional painting or industrial design
- Experience working with Unity Engine and its art pipeline
- Experience using World Machine
Please contact us at** email@example.com** with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
About The Studio
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of the most exciting independent developers, creating iconic experiences that have sold millions of copies worldwide.