Blocky splines on mesh terrain.

Hi, I’m trying to add some paths to the new mesh terrain. I want the edges to be pretty sharp, so I’m setting a fixed plateau distance and minimal falloff. The spline modifier is set to only apply weights for a path channel. For visualization the terrain material simply draws the values for that channel, nothing fancy.

The result is extremely blocky, as seen on the screenshot. It doesn’t follow the mesh geometry, but just to be sure it’s not a mesh resolution issue I’ve added a remesh modifier that does tessellation. It just made the issue more visible. Doesn’t matter if remesh modifier is below or above the spline modifier in the stack. Tried to play around with all the checkboxes and values. The only way to somewhat mask it is to set a pretty large falloff, like 3x the width, but that’s not what I need.

Any idea if this is a bug or am I setting something wrong?
I also tried to use the spline remesh modifier, but it has a bug where it does not work if terrain actor is not at the world origin, so I can’t try that either, but I suspect wouldn’t make a difference anyway.

Ok, I found the setting. I was just looking in the wrong place.
For anyone dealing with this too, the size of these blocks is controlled with Channel Texel Size in Mesh Partition Definition file.

By lowering it a notch, adding a little more falloff and bluring it somewhat in the material I managed to get it to look acceptably. It’s a bit of a shame that it’s a global setting, because it makes the channel textures larger even where they don’t need to be, but at least it can be tweaked.