"Bliss" music video

Hi!
I want to share my recent unreal project: music video for my musician friends.
It is first time when i decided to produce full video content inside UE. All done with 3dsmax + tyflow, substance painter, marvelous designer and rendered in Unreal 4 using path tracer mode.
I am delighted with the path tracer’s capabilities. This is the perfect compromise between render times and image quality. I hope that this feature will be constantly developed.

40 Likes

Impressive and unique work, really :smiley:

The song is really good too!! Can you provide more info about it? There is no info in your OP. Is there an album, etc. I’ll be interested to learn more about it.

THX for sharing and make more plz! :slight_smile:

EDIT

I saw the info directly on YT after my post lol.

1 Like

This is seriously awesome. Congrats!
Did Alembic caused you any issues, I see there’s a lot of him in the scene.

1 Like

Thanks! It’s nice to hear that you like the music :slight_smile: I think that in a few weeks they will release the whole album. greetings!

Thanks! Yes i have used massive amount of alembic files:) at the beggining i was very sceptic about the idea, but wow, UE handled it like a Boss:) no big issues, sometimes UE crashed when i was importing files biggest than 10 GB. The main problem was frame rate, in couple of scenes i ended with 7fps but it still impessive - i have old GTX 1080 ti and 32gb of ram

Wow @Wyciorson !

I have watched and re-watched Bliss over and over again to marvel at the beauty in the cinematic and to correlate the deeper underlying theme.

Not only is the music amazing and soothing, you have also visualized the ultimate mood and ambiance to amplify it! Over and over we hear “distance is bliss”, while the singer’s eyes remain closed, distancing herself from the reality around her. We see the wrapped tardigrade-like objects moving around her, also shielded, distancing from this reality. The dark matter that surrounds the buildings and covers the windows (windows are revealing) are also distancing and shielding. The singer is like an angel of dark matter, shielding, protecting, providing distance from whatever reality is bringing forth.

Pardon me if I got the concept incorrect, or if this is left open for interpretation, but my mind was blown at the beauty and serenity of this cinematic along with the music. This is definitely Certified Dovah-licious! :fire: :dragon_face: I thank you tremendously for sharing this with us! Extremely impressive!

Personally, I’m a mental health advocate. In my advocacy, I use BLISS as an acronym meaning Bringing Light Into Sad Situations. So, this resonates with me more intrinsically because of my advocacy.

How long did it take for you to develop this project? Did the artists offer any input for the visualization?

3 Likes

Świetna robota:)

This is stunning. What I love about what you did is that it isn’t just showing off the incredible tech of UE but you created something with a vision. There are some serious director chops here. It’s one thing to be able to make UE do what you want it to do but it’s another to have a truly artistic vision and deliver on it. Congrats you your fantastic accomplishment here!

I learned something new today! It was engaging reading your comment on the video ^^

Hi @YahiyaJasem !

Thank you for your kind words! It’s wonderful how contagious positive inspiration can be! How my being inspired from the beauty of the Bliss music video motivated my engagement, which in turn, led you to learn something you hadn’t known before.

As I stand on my desk and announce, “Oh Captain, My Captain” (Dead Poets Society), if I can help one person in this world, then it’s enough, and I’ve done my job. Again, Yahiya_Jasem, I thank you.

1 Like

This is why I love the forums here, amazing work to be seen, get inspiration from and keep on learning!

2 Likes

Completely stunning! Truly beautiful work, man- I loved every second!. As someone who has just started properly learning unreal, specifically to be able to produce these levels of visuals - I found this to be particularly inspiring, thank you! I would absolutely love to see a making-of, if you can find the time…

1 Like

Amazing work, visually stunning, great cinematics and design.

Very nice, makes me think of tool meets alien

Very, very good creative craftsmanship.
This is inspirational work and a pointer to where we are going in the future.

1 Like

Nc All but one thing over cooling act . Just my opinion . Art and Music 100%.

Beautiful work! Dramatic and endlessly inspiring. I join the comment above, we hope to see a “making of”!

1 Like