Blending poses not rotating all the way

Ran into a snag with the sidescroller animations.

Steps to reproduce:

1. copy the default idle animation
  2. add a key at frame 0 and modify the UpperArm_R or any variant
  3. Apply and save new idle animation
  4. in the animation blueprint, in the idle/run (state), add a layered blend per bone and mix the default thirdPerson_idleRun_2D with your new idle animation and set up the config for that bone name with a blend depth of 1.

When you run and it is supposed to blend, the arm locks up but it is in the incorrect rotation and the reference rotation is incorrect. This is grayed out.
I tried exaggerating the angles but to no avail.
I tried going to the parent bone but it did not affect it either.

At this stage I am out of ideas on what else to try.

Is this good?

What I am trying to do is simulate a coarse Naruto-Run using a mix of a modified idle sequence animation with hands in the back and normal running animation.
I have not used the blend space at all in this whole process which may be where I am not doing something.

To answer your question, this is all done in the default idle/run state, it is not another state to transition into.

Does it work in the blendspace? Where’s your layered blend? Any chance you could screenshot your layered blend details?

Hmm I’m not sure I 100% understand what you’re trying to do exactly, can you post where you blend the Idle animation with your new Idle animation with the arm rotated? In your state machine. It might have something to do with whether you’re doing it from World, parent, or bone space

Okay I see, I see. With the second screen shot, can you go down and click on what I’m assuming is the layered blend per bone node, can you click it and show me the details? Sorry I’m not at home and I’m having a hard time visualizing what I’m thinking about haha

Also that is hilarious

Here you go, sorry for the late reply, I am in a different timezone

Have you tried disabling “Mesh Space Rotation Blend”
Try adjusting blend depth, maybe try it at 0.

Yup, tried all variations. It only impacts the degree between the 2 poses but does not fix the arms not bending all the way back.