Blender UE4 Rigg

http://joxi.ru/823ORP5hN9Qw2O

and when I rotate this nothing going on (solved)

I understand it need for grab!)

All bones need to be weighted to part of the mesh, if you go over the entire rigg in the weight paint view you will see that each bone will have a corresponding part of the mesh it controls.
When it comes to animation i suggest posing the entire character then applying to the timeline (Keyboard Shortcut: “i”) then moving forward in the animation.
if you want to learn how to animate more effectively try using CGCookie.Com
if you have anymore questions Send me a message as i don’t want to over saturate this thread

hi,

I try to export your model to UE, but there - fail: http://joxi.ru/zAN0OgkIpjgBm9 http://joxi.ru/Drla14phWyELmP
and then (no matter what choose) - can’t to assign standart unreal animation.

Can you write additional info to your model - how to export / import for UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton ?

its a completely Different skeleton, it wont work with the UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton and animations.
When you export in blender, Select the Mesh & Skeleton in Object Mode, then export it using the settings from the image i uploaded earlier in the thread.

can you do UE4_Mannequin_Skeleton ?

finally I import to UE with ue4 mannequin skeleton and now I can add animation from epics))

but I am not like rig this skeleton - http://joxi.ru/KAgKO4WIzjoOAl
I’m not know how to fix it, if bones rotate and then rig , when export to UE - it all be wrong(

No i cant do the UE4 Mannequin Skeleton, The Skeleton that comes with UE4 is strictly rotation based and its horrible to animate with, Thats why i created this IK rigg to make it easier for people doing Keyframe animations.
Just create your own animations or wait for my update later this month, i will be including a Walk cycle and a Sprint Cycle.

There is a learning curve with UE4 and the Character rigg that i created is intended to help bump start production for people who struggle with character rigging and basic animations.
As of now i am only on version 1.0 and the next update will add in additional body part (Jaw/Eyes .ext) as well as include an Example character and a base mesh for people to start working from.

Very nice rig. Easy to use and visually appealing, I’m having fun using it.

I really like the custom shape controllers. They look good and clean.
My favorite is the underwear controller, it gives a whole lot of extra lower motion capabilities :cool:

Looking forward to that update.

Thanks for sharing this great work you’re making with the community!

Future update: Adding in a basic facial rigg + Controls
coming as soon as its ready :smiley:

This is exactly what i was looking for. Thank you so much!
The next update with facial rigg will bring me back to blender for character creation :slight_smile:

Please keep it going :smiley:

Hi ,

This is a very interesting project indeed and well done :slight_smile:

Just wondered how you were getting on regards the animation?

Can this be used with Carnegie Mellon or some other animation data set?

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Hi ,
1st off…you rock! great content.
I have been using blender for a few years now for modeling,sculpting and animation. In addition I have been using Unity for game dev. I just started my 1st project in Unreal and I am having some issues with one of my anims.
It runs fine in blender and unity( same model, rig and anims), but it has some unexpected behavior in Unreal. The leg on my toon in a few keyframe section freaks out and deforms upward.
The rig has a ton of anims attached to it and the rest work as expected…its just the one “Idle”. Any ideas why?

OMG after re doing the rig for the 3rd time because the bones imported in weird rotations, I finally found this.
Thank you so much!

Just a heads up.
The naming conventions and UE skeleton have gone through some changes since 2015.
The skeleton that you have here is no longer the stock UE skeleton and bone names are no longer correct.
Will you be posting an update?