Blender to unreal missing textures/meshes

Hello, ive been working on my first building, which is also my ‘most detailed’ and completed model, with many redos. Ive tried exporting it to unreal 5 from blender with the help of tutorials, but this model doesnt fully comply like previous ones. Textures are warped or not applied. All textures show in the content browser and are in the details on the right. The building (should) eventually be enterable once i get to that and textures missing from the inside is also a issue. Am i missing something really simple that the tutorials skipped or would it be my model in blender?

1 Like

How did you apply the textures in Blender? Is there some Box projection / World Aligned UV or did you setup a proper UV layout? Same question about the material inside Unreal? But I guess you’re using a TexCoord[0] node?

Could you provide a screenshot of the open asset in Unreal Engine? Maybe there are empty material slots you need to fill?

Regarding the inside of your building. Do the walls have some thickness? Or are these simple planes?

More screenshots = more informations. :slight_smile: Then we can look further!

Thanks for the reply. Im a beginner so quite a few keywords dont make sense to me. sorry.
All walls are 4 sided, i try to make things 3D rather than 2D unless needed. The only thing ive done that relates to your first image in blender, is a bump map. (on most textures)

The UV i motly set myself

Ok :slight_smile: Looking good!

First: The invisible parts. That could be inverted normals? Don’t know how to check this inside Blender, but if you open your asset in Unreal Engine and enable Normals (like in the screenshot) you should see the green lines that are pointing in the normal direction. Best case: Pointing away from the object. :slight_smile: Per default a plane is invisible if looked at from behind. Better way would be to check that directly in Blender, so you can edit it directly.

Second: The cracks on the side have the wrong material. Within Unreal Engine you can use the Highlight toggle to debug your applied materials and check, which material will be displayed on each face. (again highlighted in the screenshot).

1 Like

omg, that was it, after looking at how to do normals in blender. fixed it up and it looks great ingame. never knew normals were a thing, faces were going every way possible. ive never seen a blender tutorial talk about normals or the way faces were pointing. im really greatful, thank you so much.

(interior)

No problem. Glad I could help!