Blender For Unreal Engine Addon

Hello ^^ I Updated my addons Blender For Unreal Engine, with a lot of novelty.
This addons allows you to export content created with Blender to Unreal Engine 4
GitHub: https://github.com/xavier150/Blender…lEngine-Addons

Working on object packs for Unreal Engine 4 can be complicated with Blender. That’s why I created the Addons “Blender for UnrealEngine”. It simplifies the procedure of the export, allows to export all the Assets of a scene at the same time, distributed them in a proper tree structure in correlation with the UnrealEngine Pipeline. The socket and collision shapes is done directly in Blender. You can choose precisely the different animations that need to be exported. Also tha addon includes a potential error checker to avoid problems with exporting. And since the last version it is possible to generate scripts for unreal who will import the assets or generate level sequencer.

You can free download the addons on GitHub: https://github.com/xavier150/Blender…lEngine-Addons

could you explain a bit more about the benefits of your tool? how does it differ from the standard fbx export/import process?

Of course :slight_smile:

• You can define in advance the objects that must be exported and then with a simple button you can export them all in fbx format at the same time.
  • The center the scene of the Fbx file will be equal to the origin point location of the object in blender. so the position of the object in the Blender scene does not matter.
  • Each animation is saved in a different fbx file to be able to modify them simply without having to re-import the whole model each time with all the animations
  • It is possible to simply create collisions and sockets directly in Blender.
  • The addon contines an error checker for correct the bad properties and show the potential errors.
  • The objects are exported and stored according to a nomenclature to be able to find them easily, and they are named in correlation with the Unreal Engine pipeline.
  • The addon can generate a script to automate the import in unreal engine with specific parameters for import
  • It is possible to import camera shots from blender in the unreal sequencer
  • For the camera the animations on special tracks like Fov (FocalLength), Aperture (F-stop), and Focus Distance is also exporting

There is more info on how it works here : Blender-For-UnrealEngine-Addons/How export assets from Blender.md at master · xavier150/Blender-For-UnrealEngine-Addons · GitHub
I plan to add other features like log management
(sorry for my English)

Reeeeeally cool plugin! I will try it out soon, I guess. Iam working on tile-sets and was already thinking of coding something like that myself in order to spare the effort of always shifting the individual models into the origin - exporting - shifting back etc.
Cool work!!

Thanks ! ^^

I’m getting a traceback error when I click the checkmark after installing it. Any ideas? Blender 2.80 btw. WITH the 2.80 version of your addon.

Amazing tool, thanks so much for this, my question… is there a way to keep the transformation AND pivot when importing to UE4 ?
For example if i want all objects from a complex blender scene to spin around their center geometry pivot

Thanks! and yes, you can apply additional transform to you assets with export in Avanced object property like here https://youtu.be/rbW5NcyNoK0

blender_xO5ixetTn2.jpg