Blender animations to unreal: Unreal engine completely ruins animations

Oh cool, a staff. Thanks for responding, do you mean like a copy of my model that you can import to UE4 to try for yourself?

I guess in UE4 i could try to just re-do all of my animations because my model rotates with the armature just fine. It’s just i wish i could keep all of my animations in one place. (Preferably Blender) Or, if there was an option to import unreal animations to blender that would be cool (I doubt it). Thanks

why do U doubt it U can take the first person to the blender with its animation. See understand this . Everything U see in UE4 and blender is all OpenGL and visual C++ stuff. Nothing else . I do not know whether U are aware of these terms so all the apps are just complementary to each other . Now let me not boast like an idiot about what I learned a few weeks back. Coming back to the point let me tell U how to export animations from ue4 .

get to the content browser
then mannequin and finally animations
right click on the animation U want to export
select asset actions and then export
select file format either (.fbx or .obj)
then import to blender .

I hope U got the steps

Wow, i did not know about that. Also i did not know you could do that with animations. Okay well ill try that when i have more time soon and depending if it works or not (it should hopefully) ill post the answer. I guess in the end unreal just ruined my animations and ill have to redo them in UE4 and just import back to blender. Yes the steps should be easy, thanks.

Yes, or simply an asset this is occurring with.

Okay, how would i do this? How can i privately send it?

Please place the files in a . and upload them to a trusted FTP service such as dropbox or google drive, then provide the link in a message to me, you can send me a message here:

Okay, i was able to do the first part, but how do i message you on the forums? I don’t see see a message option.

well there should be a send private message option

Yes, i can’t see the option, it just says add friend, or add to ignore list on his profile.

At the top left below my name should be an option to send a message.

114079-sendmessage.png

If you have not been on the forums before, we have implemented a system that prevents anyone who has not posted on the forums from sending private messages. Please make a post on the forums and once it is approved by moderators you will be able to send private messages.

Yea okay that explains it, ill make a post.

I am making a forum so i can send you my model im using but real quick, whats the difference between unreal answerhub and unreal forums?

Hi busterwackycrash,

Your AH and Forum accounts are the same.

• W.

Hi busterwackycrash,

We have not heard back from you in a few days, so we are marking this post as Resolved for tracking purposes. If you are still experiencing the issue you reported, please respond to this message with additional information and we will follow up.

• W.

Well, i have been checking on this post for the past couple of days looking for a response on the forums with my question. One of the staff members was supposed to check out my model i sent him, but i don’t think he viewed it. I am still having this problem, literally everything works fine on blender, but when i decide to import via fbx onto Unreal, my model looks terrible.

I replied to you on the forums. Feel free to send me the model I can have a look right now if you want. e-mail paul@cryonetic.com

Okay, thank you. I sent it to your email. Everything on blender is fine, but when it goes to unreal, everything turns odd. Thanks again!

Ok looked at your file. Couple of things I tried to take pictures of all. Your ameshhad negative rotation applied. Eventough it was at 0 it was in fact -0 which means that your animations tried to flip itself on export. Below is to fix it.

• First your scene needs to be set to metric and unit scale to 0.01.(this will shrink your current model to like 1cm in height select both you mesh & armature and scale it by 100)
  • Then you have to make sure your scaling and rotations are correct in your transform tab.(shortcut key is N)
  • If there are random size then push CTRL-N while you have the mesh selected and apply rotation, then location and finally SCALE.
  • Do the same for the Armature.
  • Select both at the same time and EXPORT FBX. Tick SELECTED OBJECTS, Use EDGE or FACE smoothing under GEOMETRIES and under armature untick ADD LEAF BONE.

Import to Unreal and you can see below no more problem.

CHANGE YOUR SCENE SETTINGS

116260-scene.png

WRONG TRANSFORM SETTINGS

116271-broken_settings.png

APPLY SCALE,ROTATION & LOCATION TO ARMATURE

APPLY SCALE,ROTATION & LOCATION TO MODEL/MESH

FINAL RESULT MOVING BONES IN UNREAL

On a additional note which cause more problems as I was trying animation is your weight painting. Your bones are not positioned correctly as to how they are weight painted. Your joints are in the center of the model it is supposed to move. Look below for more images.