Blend Space incorrect pelvis location interpolation

Hi,

on my latest model I encountered a problem with the interpolation of the pelvis position (at least I guess this is what is happening) in Blend Spaces and State Machines.

A video showing the problem: UE4 Blendspace Interpolation - YouTube

I tried re-importing the mesh and also re-exporting from the editor, but with no change what so ever.

There is a forum post where a similar problem seems to be encountered, but no solution to it is given: animation blending issue - Animation - Unreal Engine Forums

Thank you in advance for your help!

I am having the same issue with the default mannequin rig.

Some thread mention the issue is caused by mixing new animation to imported anim like maximo, so i don’t know about you, but in my case, it is not the cause if the issue.

i can reproduce the issue simply by opening a new scene, loading the default mannequin, creating 2 poses in it, export, link it into a 1D blendspace and my feet will move through the ground similar to this.

I played with the anim compression, i tried creating a “mid” pose to help it blend, but it’s still happen.

In my case I fixed it by checking all the rotations of the bones and somehow my Root bone was rotated in some animations but not in others!