Blend Multi, how?

Cannot find any information on it anywhere but I was assuming it was similar to regular Blend but with the ability to add more pins. I have no idea what goes in the Desired Alphas pins. I would expect Desired Alphas pins to be somewhere to input just that, the desired alphas that would give the most weight to that specific animation, followed by a separate input pin which would actually drive the node to choose between the paths but it has no such thing. Very confusing.

I’m trying to make a variable height aiming system by using Blend Multi to bridge these 3 blendspaces to achieve pseudo-higher dimension blendspace. This instance is just standing and could be achieved by Aim Offset but other states are more complicated and I would like to get this node working if anyone knows how. So far its only power seems to be lagging/crashing the entire editor.

So if anyone out there in the whole world knows how to use Blend Multi please let me know, thank you.

1 Like

Your DesiredAlpha describes how much of the Pose you want to play in your OutputPose. If you use DesiredAlpha 0=1 and DesiredAlpha1=0 and DesiredAlpha2=0 it will play Pose0. If you use DesiredAlpha0=1, DesiredAlpha1=1 and DesiredAlpha2=0 it will play Pose0 AND Pose1 as 50:50, so blend them to one. If you use DesiredAlpha0=1, DesiredAlpha1=1 and DesiredAlpha2=1 it will play all Poses as 33:33:33 and blend them to one. So your DesiredAlpha describes the weight of your InputPose in your OutputPose. If you use DesiredAlphas like 1,2,0.5 it will merge them with 10:20:5. Example video below:

4 Likes

Thank you, I see that I was misunderstanding the fields.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Is there any way to play 2 animations at 100%. Let’s say I only have 2 animation poses and I want to play 100% of both pose at a time.

Hey @nar3n12

you can use the BlendMulti with just 2 poses. If you play both at a time they will mix at 50:50 or 1:1 . If you want to blend them because one pose just moves e.g. the arm and the other one leg but together it looks weird you can still use/try AnimMontages or tinker with a PoseAsset

1 Like