Blend from normal camera to Look at tracking camera in sequencer?

Hi, I need to have a seamless cut or blend from a camera that is not set to track an object to one that is.

I have tried two ways

1. One one single camera I have added an “enable look at tracking” track and set a keyframe from OFF to ON with the cameras in exactly the same positions at the point of switch.

It works but there is a very noticeable pop or small jump when it switches, even though the positions and rotations are set to exactly the same value?

1. Two separate cameras both in the same positions when it switches but it gives the same result

Is there no way to form a smooth blend between the two instead of ON or OFF

ps this is not for a game but film / video, so needs to be working in sequencer
Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also need a solution to this.
Have you found a solution by yourself?

greetings

I had the same problem and I found a solution myself. Our goal is to initially stop the camera and start tracking the character as they enter the screen. When you start tracking, it should transition smoothly without popping. Because it is tracking-based, the camera’s movement automatically responds when testing multiple versions of a character’s animation.

1. Place the camera on the sequencer.
  2. The Enable Look at Tracking property should always be on. Do not turn ON/OFF.
  3. The camera must be stopped before the character enters the scene. Assign an empty actor or Target Point actor to Actor to Track and move it to set up the initial composition.
  4. When the character enters the scene and starts moving, assign the character to Actor to Track.
  5. You will probably need the Relative Offset property for good composition in many cases. As shown in the attached image, when the tracking target is converted, if the keys are spaced apart a little, a smooth transition is possible when the camera starts tracking.

LIMITATION: The value of the Look at Tracking Interp Speed property must not be 0. At 0, the camera moves in a style with no acceleration and popping occurs even using the method I gave above. If you want to create such a style, you should look at other solutions besides the Lookat Tracking function.