Blank gray screen after launch on manajro

My specs

 ██████████████████  ████████     night@night-ms7c37
 ██████████████████  ████████     OS: Manjaro 21.0.2 Ornara
 ██████████████████  ████████     Kernel: x86_64 Linux 5.10.30-1-MANJARO
 ██████████████████  ████████     Uptime: 10h 24m
 ████████            ████████     Packages: 1450
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Shell: bash 5.1.0
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Resolution: 5120x1440
 ████████  ████████  ████████     DE: KDE 5.81.0 / Plasma 5.21.4
 ████████  ████████  ████████     WM: KWin
 ████████  ████████  ████████     GTK Theme: Breath [GTK2/3]
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Icon Theme: breeze-dark
 ████████  ████████  ████████     Disk: 798G / 917G (90%)
 ████████  ████████  ████████     CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core @ 24x 3.8GHz
 ████████  ████████  ████████     GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
                                  RAM: 12465MiB / 16016MiB

I downloaded unreal engine from github from release branch and tried to compile them using articles from [arch wiki][1] and from [unreal docs][2]

It compiled without errors as far as i know.
And when i launch i don’t see any errors, only one warning

[2021.04.27-17.05.05:842][  5]LogSlate: Warning: Slate: Had to block on waiting for a draw buffer

And this is how it looks

As you can see, the unreal engine is completely blank in the background, i don’t know what to do :[

Apologies for the bump but did you ever figure anything out for this issue? I’m having the same problem with a very similar setup, and it appears to be caused by the 32:9 aspect ratio as it can be worked around by changing the screen resolution to something 16:9, launching the editor, then switching back. That’s a bit of a pain to do every time though so I’m trying to find a more permanent solution.

Didn’t get back to this until yesterday but I’ve discovered it’s an issue with xrandr reporting the monitor’s physical size as 1mm x 1mm for some reason, which understandably throws SDL’s DPI calculation completely out of whack (it calculates it as the resolution * 25.4 / size, and thus when it thinks it’s 1mm x 1mm it gives a horizontal DPI of 130048 & vertical of 36576; the engine then averages the two to get a final calculated DPI of 83312).

I’ve been banging my head trying all sorts of things with my xorg.conf & such to get xrandr to report the right numbers but nothing I’ve done changes it. So it’s either the above workaround of changing the resolution, or patching the engine to discard nonsensically huge DPI values (I attached what I did for the latter as a patch file, but IDK if this makes sense to put in a pull request for since it’s a workaround of an issue that isn’t in Unreal itself).

dpi.patch (2.0 KB)

1 Like