blackmagic trouble

hello iam new in unreal and with engine 4.25 i have a trouble to use output blackmagic duo2
LogMediaIOCore: Error: Can not start the capture. The Render Target pixel format doesn’t match with the requested pixel format. SceneViewport: PF_A2B10G10R10 MediaOutput: PF_B8G8R8A8
is there any issue for that engine
with engine 4.24 output working well

I’m getting the same exact error, have you found a solution or what’s causing this by any chance?

I am also having the same issues on 4.24. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Hey I found a solution today.

Switch the video output to 10bit instead of 8bit.

Cleared by problems up instantly. Hope it can work for you too!

My recieving capture card doesn’t support 10bit video, so how to change the SceneViewport to 8 bit?

I would like to know how to change the *SceneViewport to 8 bit *as well! The Unreal “Media Capture” can only output the same rgba as the viewport but the possible pixel formats in the Media Capture can only set to and 8bit RGBA or Float RGBA. Both not working ith the 10bit Sceneview! Other problem but the same question: Sceneviewport to 8bit: How?

In your project settings, under Editor->Rendering you can set the Default Buffer Pixel format to 8 bit. The setting is hidden so just type “pixel” in the search bar at the top and you should see it.

1 Like

I just came across this error message in 4.27.2 so thought I would relay the fix I just found… In my case it was relating to Composure output. In my output pass I has disabled “Color Conversion - Compositing Tonemap Pass” just by unchecking the “Enabled” checkbox. My output was spamming me with “This could have a slight performance impact. RenderTarget: PF_FloatRGBA MediaOutput: PF_B8G8R8A8”.

The solution was to either re-enable color conversion, or actually set the color conversion field to “None” to disable it properly.