Black Squares in Dino Fur?

New-Bitmap-Image.jpg

I apologise if the fix for this is obvious, but I’m still trying to figure out the Ark Dev Kit and I’ve tried looking up about this but to no avail. How do I fix this to only show the blue fur?

Did you import the feather texture yourself? Looks like the alpha channel is incorrect/missing.

Yes I exported it to a program called Gimp, and modified it there so I did import it myself, and what’s the alpha channel? How do I fix the alpha channel?

Alpha channel is a kind of mask to tell where to apply transparency. Some picture formats don’t support classic transparency you might know from .png.
You have to work with an alpha channel in these cases.
As you can see in this screenshot from Photoshop the alpha channel masks the image and displays only the white area of the alpha channel (alpha channel is black and white; black: not displayed, white: displayed). The red color to the left indicates the areas not being displayed by the alpha channel.

I don’t know how to do this in Gimp, I am working with Photoshop, but i’m sure google will help.

I hope this was helpful and i know my knowledge of alpha channels isn’t the best but it’s good enough to get them working in the dev kit :smiley:

Ah alright, thanks for the help and I imagine there might be a method for gimp, if not I’ll just use photoshop though.