Black Screen, 3 dots Building for Quest 2 on UE5

Hi all. I am trying to build a project to Quest 2 used UE5. I actually used a previous project which built fine, which I copied as the basis for the game. Nothing has changed in terms of the projects settings.

I am not reporting any errors, and UE thinks it is successfully executing and running the project. All I get is a back screen.

When I run the app from Quest, it gets stuck on three black dots.

Could it be that I overdoing it with some aspect of the project? I know that I am using some large textures, which will be the first thing I will look at, but surely the project would just run really slowly? Would too much graphic memory usage kill the game?

Would hiding lots of geometry and only keeping the bare bones work to test this, or would all the hidden geometry still be loaded into memory?

Any other thoughts. I’ve been through the project settings again, and everything seems as before (when things worked).

So the fix for this for me at least was to install 5.1 and update all the android SDK and NDK.

I have same issue with Quest2 and UE5.1.1. Just black screen and 3 dots.
Which version SDK/NDK/Java are you using?
SDK-29
NDK-25.1.8937393

1. If I pack data inside the application. bPackageDataInsideApk=True
    The application installs normally on the oculus via a bat file Install_PROJECTNAME-arm64.bat. When I start the application everything is fine.

2. If I do not pack data inside the application. bPackageDataInsideApk=False
    The application installs normally on the oculus via a bat file Install_PROJECTNAME-arm64.bat. When I start the application i can see black Screen, 3 dots.
    But it works if i install apk+obb thru SIdeQuest

What do you mean “update all the android SDK and NDK”? Which version did you use?