Black Friday Creator Sale Issue

I’m trying to buy Black Friday marketplace assets for the Black Friday Creator sale. It was advertised the sale is until Dec. 3 11:59pm EST but I can’t access it.

Why would it end on Dec 2 if advertised until the 3rd?

Is anyone having the same issue?

23 Likes

I just made a post about the same thing. I waited until the last day so I could sort out what I wanted most out of the pile of assets I’m interested in. Really hoping we get some help with this, I waited all year for this sale and I’ve had my eye on this stuff for years but haven’t ever been able to afford it.

10 Likes

I have the same issue here. I was about to make a big purchase, when I noticed it was suddenly even bigger!

In fact, the banner still shows the sale is on until Dec 3 (currently Dec 2 PST here), while the items in my shopping cart are no longer discounted.

I really hope they fix this.

8 Likes

I have same situation…
I don’t know what’s happen.
However, I’m living in Japan so It’s happen around the world. The sale ended a day early.

6 Likes

ya same problem. Was in middle of purchasing then server crash for the entire day, and then came back and the sell is over. I still have things I want to buy.

Would like to point out I would have finished my shopping around 6pm today if it wasn’t for that server crash.

5 Likes

This is extra annoying because their website also blocked, locked my account earlier in the day, and Questions/reviews wouldnt load on all assets, for ~6 hours during peak Eastern time.
So because Epic always ends their sales by Eastern time, West Coast is not only cheated of 3 hours of sale time, but now we’re cheated of even being able to use the site/get the sale when Easterners finally calm down (so the servers load).

• During today, their AI kept ratcheting down on my account: wouldnt let me login because random errors because of traffic.
  • So i refreshed every hour, to see if I could login yet. But their dumb AI refused to login with a different error.
  • Then it locked login by doing an Age gate request (and I dont remember what I put, so I couldnt answer).

This is unfair and Ive spent a lot of $ on assets. We want the sale back and makeup time. This is important because some sellers increase price on last day. So you denied my ability to buy today, before they did that scam tomorrow.

7 Likes

took a screen shot with the pinned comment from their staff, they promised the sale will end on dec 3 11:59pm

here is the URL link

8 Likes

Same here - I just checked the simultaneous Sketchfab and Artstation sales (as linked at Black Friday Creator Sale - Unreal Engine) and they appear to still be active. Sketchfab shows a countdown with 20hrs remaining. Hopefully this is just an error related to the server issues earlier today and someone at Epic will notice and reopen the sale for the remainder of the day.

4 Likes

The same applies to the German website.

Unfortunately, I was also blocked by the server yesterday because I was said to have made too many requests (after adding assets for over 1k€ to my shopping cart). Too bad ;(

But let’s all hope that Epic fixes the bug - because that’s all it seems to be for me too.

2 Likes

This is really really bad ! I have the Same issue - First I could not log in because
to many request or something similiar to all the other here - And now all the
assets in the cart have changed prices !

IF this not get solved today I really hope EPIC take full Responsibility for
this and giveus an extra day - I had sp many things lined up for buying
and planed todo the purchace before it ended - and it is still atleast 15
hours left - BUT IT IS SUNDAY and proparbly noone att EPIC will correct
this in time !

Can someone explain how I can reach out to Support and create a Ticket ?
Do you have to pay for that ?

Kind Regards and hoping for a solution !

2 Likes

There is support for the engine itself, but you would have to have signed an agreement with Epic in advance and then pay for the support accordingly.

Alternatively, there is this forum and the Marketplace support tickets. A corresponding ticket has already been created by someone else, see the following post:

I think we should now wait and see and keep checking (every hour, not every minute :wink: ) if anything has changed.

1 Like

I Understand your point - but I still belive it is better if more people
send in theese support tickets - Because if we do not do that and
they will not reach out to us before 23.59 EST - What “proof” do
you have tomorrow ? Yes - We have this thread - but will that
be enough ? And its Sunday in the USA right now - so do they
actually work or do they have people that can fiz theese sorts
of issuses today on a sunday ?

I am really really woriried - because I also had planed a MEGAbuy
later today and as somenone else wrote - not funny to have to
wait a whole year for the assets to be at a similar price…

Kind Regards ant thanks for your answer !

1 Like

You don’t need to pay or subscribe to anything to create a ticket. Just send an email to uemarketplacesupport@epicgames.com and explain the situation. More emails more exposure. I already sent.

2 Likes

I also have the same issues here. Sent my reply to the ue marketplace support in hopes they’re gonna fix this issue as soon as possible because I’m in dire need of some of these assets for a client project and planned a mega buy as well today.

2 Likes

I got a card that allows overseas payments to purchase assets for the Black Friday sale, but I can’t buy any asset. It makes angry​:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Same. Their marketing and blog definitely say Dec 3 11:59PM. Very annoying to see my shopping cart suddenly double in price!

1 Like

Yes - Many people look at the assets and because there are so many assets it takes time to go through many of them so I had this day planed for doing this - I have of course done it before - but the last decision was planed for today - So this is really really bad - had planed to buy around 30 assets and I di not have the posibilty to buy for regular prices - and I do not think I am alone regarding that…

So - I hope you all send in support tickets or mail them at the mail that I was told

uemarketplacesupport@epicgames.com

I have done both because they have to know this to be able to fix it…

Anf IF they can´t fix it before 23.59 EST I really think it should be fair to extend the sale so that we can buy the assets - And I am sure that is also in the sellers interest !

Kind Regards !

5 Likes

I just wanted to add my voice to the crowd. I too have numerous plugins/assets in my cart ready for a final decision today, and now all the prices are showing as the pre-sale values. I’ve emailed the support address.

3 Likes

Everyone can act as they like. Personally, I just don’t want to create unnecessary support work and have the great team at Epic Games answer hundreds of emails/tickets. And the Epic Games team itself does a great job and the licenses give us enough leeway to earn good money with first-class tools.

However, I see another problem at this point. Yes, it’s now Sunday and it’s unclear whether anyone from the Marketplace TechOps team and the web/database developers has been reached yet, but it’s getting very tight. At the same time, Epic Games can’t simply extend the sale, because it also affects the content creators with their Marketplace offers. They may not want to continue selling at the reduced prices after the end of the sale. Unfortunately, it went badly.

For my part, I hope for a fix within the next few hours so that I can still complete the purchase without anyone being unnecessarily disadvantaged here (neither Epic, nor the content creators, nor us as prospective buyers).

2 Likes

I understand your point again - and of course We do not want the Epic Team to have problems - but if we look at it - in my opinion - a sensible way - who “created” this
mess…It was not us - It was not the sellers - Something went wrong at Epic.

So I think - If it is not fixed - Epic - who is a both big and fantastic company,
could take the cost for thoose who missed this sale - because there are some,
but I guess most people have already bought what they wanted …

And some of us do not do this for a living - it is only for fun so we do not earn
any money at all…And after all - tgis is the biggest sale of the whole year - so
to miss this because of only listen to Epic and trust their words - that would
not be the right thing for them to do…

Kind Regards…

5 Likes