Biomechanics of the Spine

Biomechanics of the Spine - Made in Unreal Engine 4.

The first digital tool that provides a realistic and movable 3D model of the human spine to help students explore and professionals demonstrate the structures and biomechanics of the human spine.

It features:

• High anatomical accuracy
  • Full, user-controlled range of motion via dynamic slider system
  • Morph between user-defined poses
  • Layers of anatomical structures
  • Longitudinal sections of the spine
  • Adjustable background color and lighting settings

https://www.anatomystandard.com/biomechanics-of-the-spine/

3 Likes

Hey @CWright90,

Hope you’re doing well!
This is so incredibly brilliant. Seeing this model as it moved and changed posture made me realize just how fragile and intricate we truly are. Are there plans for spinal deformaties (ex: scoliosis) to be added visually as well?

Congrats on a job well done! Marvelous work and I can’t wait to see more. :slight_smile:
Thanks for sharing it.

1 Like

Hey @PresumptivePanda ,

Thank you very much for the kind words :slight_smile:

The application can demonstrate deformations like lordosis and kyphosis and mild scoliosis, but not severe scoliosis. We might have more spine deformation features in the future, but currently, we don’t have such plans.

Currently, we have plans to develop Ipad/Android tablet version and add a deep muscle layer to the model.

Let me know if You have any more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats amazing and thanks so much for your response!

Being able to access software like this from a phone seems like a terrific teaching tool. I’m so genuinely impressed with the amount of talent and dedication put into this project. It’s software like this that is the backbone of the future! :bone:

Once again, thank you so much for sharing your talents here on the Unreal Engine forums and I hope to see more.

1 Like

Again, thank you very much for your appreciation. :slight_smile: