Binding variables to gameplay tags

Hi community!

I’m trying to figure out how to bind gameplay tags to variables that can be accessed in blueprints… so for example in Lyra there is a bunch of bools used in the animation blueprint that are commented as ”bound through the game play tag system”… so it seems these bools communicate with other blueprints through the tag system? I’ve gathered this happens in some form of special struct in C++ but I don’t understand how to do it and how to bind the actual bools.

Any help would be very appreciated!

For a given animation blueprints, the tags are bound in animation blueprint → class defaults → gameplay tags.

More info here Anim Instance

Hi I am not sure if you are still looking for a solution but I managed to implement a fully compiled Lyra Starter Project GAS with Property Mapping, working on 5.2.1, which is what you were interested in.

I was getting sick and tired of Lyra’s Team Component Interface and restrictions so went on a deep dive. Only been programming for 2 month with UE5 though used to be a programmer 15 years ago. I cannot create UE5 C++ code yet but I can at least read it. Going to install GITHub and load it in after some testing but I do have the option to bind variables in my Anim Blueprint. The key is set up GAS and then create and “LyraAnimInstance” off of AnimInstance and add the property mapping to it. Took me 3 weeks.