Bind Groom to Skeletal Mesh missing

Anyway i have followed the instructions for binding the hair to Mannequin, but im not sure is it me or someone is trying to make me a fool or what?

as i already said all the plugins for this tutorial are loaded, and still no bind options for groom?

unfortunately no my friend, i came up with another solution that works… so much of a epic support

hello?can you tell me how to make groom work?

sure, in general you can forget the process they explained in the tutorial/help/video,

1. when you import your hair abc, make sure its in a proper scale, oriented and position related to your model (best to do these tweaks in import dialog)

2. select your rigged model (character), and add a Groom component

3. drag/drop into Groom Asset your hair

4. select your hair in Content Browser, rmb and choose Create Bindings, and find in Target Skeletal Mesh your rigged model (character)

5. go back and select in the World Outliner your character model, again, and in the Groom component add into Binding Asset the hair Binding you created in the step 4.

6. That should be it :wink:
    let me know did you manage to make it work, in case i was confusing with the steps i explained.
    cheers

p.s epic could solve the text formatting!

1 Like

Did you solved your problem? I have the same situation

Is there any difference between your explaintion and the help?,I can’t understand.I can make it work in 4.25,but I can’t do this in 4.26.My problem is I can’t put the binding groom to the binding asset.

Thank you for your help,I have know why.I didn’t use the Third Person template project,I create a blank project instead.

Hello,

We’ve made a switch to a new bug reporting method using a more structured form. Please visit the link below for more details and report the issue using the new Bug Submission Form. Feel free to continue to use this thread for community discussion around the issue.

Thanks

we actually have the same situation. Error below. Strangely I can open the project in 5 and it works. But attempting to bind the hair to the skeleton fails in 4.26.2 fails

LogHairStrands: [GroomBinding/DDC] Not found (GroomiBinding:kong_hair_kong_export_2_Binding).
LogHairStrands: Error: [Groom] Binding asset could not be built. The target skeletal mesh could be missing UVs.
LogHairStrands: Error: [Groom] The binding asset (kong_hair_kong_export_2_Binding) couldn’t be built. This binding asset won’t be used.

I fix this problem:
Error: [Groom] Binding asset could not be built. The target skeletal mesh could be missing UVs. LogHairStrands:
Error: [Groom] The binding asset (kong_hair_kong_export_2_Binding) couldn’t be built. This binding asset won’t be used.

I fix this problem according change impoert settings quaternion (90,0,0), and scale (1,-1,1) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

how to fix? 2 channel UVs

i set as quaternion (90,0,0), and scale (1,-1,1) to import my hair assets.but it do not work for me ? Why? do you have save uv as the head and hair? so sad

UE 4.26.2

LogHairStrands: Error: [Groom] Binding asset could not be built. The target skeletal mesh could be missing UVs.
LogHairStrands: Error: [Groom] The binding asset (hair_06_groom_Elyssa_Binding) couldn’t be built. This binding asset won’t be used.

I had this problem when exporting Alembic from Blender. The problem is fixed when I export at scale of 100.

were you able to figure it out? I’ve been having the same issue

same

I did everything you posted, and When I add the Binding Asset, the Groom disappears , What could be the problem ?

That works, Thank you so much for this clear and helpful instruction!

Hi there! I’ve been experiencing the same issue when exporting groom from Blender to UE. Unfortunately, I can’t tell for sure what exactly the problem is, BUT, it has to do something with these options, because when I’m turning them off on export - binding is created with no problem.
image_2024-02-23_12-35-50