Big issue with reverb, PLEASE help!

Hi,
I think I may found bug. When I set my reverbs on locations (via Volume), and crossing from one to another I can hear strange clicks and pops in audio. I enclose audio file to check. When I change fade out to 0, so reverb should be changed immediately, it’s just single click. When it’s set in 2 sec as default, there is long tail with this clicks and pops (just like in the audio file).
Please help me, I feel helpless and frustrated. I try to set volumes to not stick each other, to slightly stick each other and with one in another. No matter what I do, there is clicks and pops every time.
Please HELP!

PS. I need to upload audio file differently, because I have error in here.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am6kDOw071Zfh1d97Xm2NK-zxQrA

Hello Medstones,

In order to effectively assist you with this issue, can you provide me with some simple steps and/or screenshots so I can reproduce this issue on my end?

The important thing here are the settings you have applied to the reverb volume and the sound files you are playing when listening within the volumes themselves.

If you believe it would be easier to reproduce your issue by providing me with a simple test project, that can suffice as well. We ask that you upload the zipped project to a file sharing application, and provide me with the link in your response.

Thank you,

Hi Andrew, thank you for reply.
For now I can share screenshots that I hope will help reproduce this issue.
They can be downloaded in the link from first post.
Volume reverb settings are the same (fade and volume) expect reverb settings. But they can be found in another screenshots.
What about sounds - no matter what sounds is placed inside, issue occurs on any sound I put in (when crossing from one reverb to another).
Location isn’t relevant also, I just pick up place from audio file.

Can you hear the same issues in the Audio level of the Content Examples project from the learn tab?

There is an audio reverb volume in the map mentioned. Try loading it on your computer and checking to see if you hear the issues there as well.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Sure.
I check it and it’s pretty interesting. Issue occurs even in this level. I assume something is wrong on my side, but I wonder what it can be.
I added audio file named “test_audio_level”, it can be downloaded as previous ones from link posted in first post.

My PC specs:
intel i7-3770
16 GB RAM
GTX 970
Win 10

PS. Checked on two audio cards, one internal and one external. Same issues.
Also update drivers, and again there are glitches. Then uninstall hardware completely and install again. Same.

The updated audio file you provided on One Drive has very little of the crackling and tailing that you describe you are experiencing. Can you provide me with your full system’s ‘dxdiag’?

I’ve send you PM on forum with included file.

edit:
Another person from my team, when working on his computer have the same audio glitches, but not that intense as I experienced.

I created simple project with sounds and reverbs that can be downloaded to check it (“reverb_test_project” file). And I recorded short video from it (“reverb_test_project_vid” file), to show how it works on my PC.
Audio is glitched the same way as in the “reverb_issue” audio file, captured in main project.

Project can be downloaded as well as other files from the link in first post.

Hey Medstones,

Thank you for providing me with your test project as I was able to successfully hear the issue you are reporting. I did some more digging and found that the issue has been reported as UE-32451.

Once the issue has been addressed by our engineers, the fix will be added to the release notes for fixed issues within an upcoming full engine or hotfix release.

Let me know if you have further questions or need additional assistance.

Thanks,

Thank you Andrew, hope that the issue can be fixed soon.

Unfortunately issue still occurs. This need to be fixed asap, because it’s very noticeable. Do you even have idea what causes this? Is it engine bug, or maybe other thing? I really need to get rid of this clicks while entering different reverb areas. Maybe it’s something with reverb settings itself? I really need answers and/or fixes. Sorry for rushing up, but I posted this thread four months ago and there is no progress on that matter. As an audio guy this really bothers me.

This issue has been addressed. Follow the link below to read the developer notes on this issue.

UE-32451

Cheers,