Beware! Steam Audio Phonon Occlusion Settings Affect UE4 Occlusion.

I just thought I’d post this 'cos it has caused me a bit of pain today so hopefully it might be useful for others.

In a nutshell, if you revert back to UE4 Occlusion after using Steam Audio Occlusion, it appears that you MUST delete any occlusion phonons attached to the sound cue in question. Not just clear it, but actually delete the array element in the ‘Occlusion Plug In Settings’ found under ‘Attenuation Plugin Settings’ when you scroll down to the bottom of the sound details panel.

Even if you select ‘Built-In Occlusion’ in Platform settings, AND disable the Steam Audio plug in, UE4 native Occlusion will not work if there is still a remnant of an Occlusion phonon hanging around.

I would have thought that selecting the Built-In Occlusion in platform settings would be enough to over-ride Steam Audio and initiate native Occlusion but this appears not to be the case.

• tagging you in this to make sure you’re aware of the issue.

Cheers.

I have the same issue after trying out the Steam Audio plugin. Native occlusion no longer works. I tried your steps with no luck.

I’m concerned there are issues now.

Hi @anonymous_user_d64a05ba, thanks for the catch, I talked to Aaron and Ethan and they agree it’s a bug! We’ll try to fix it for 4.20.

Just ran into this in 4.22 fwiw

This is still an issue!!
I tanked my release shipping build FPS , lost 2 days on this… trying to find the cause.
The Attenuation are pointing in the bottom tiny “audio” to 1, and to nothing.
A build on Oculus is tanked by that.

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Failed to load ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’: Can’t find file ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’
PackagingResults: Warning: Can’t find file ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’
UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogLinker: Warning: Can’t find file for asset ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’ while loading NULL.
PackagingResults: Warning: Failed to load ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’: Can’t find file ‘/Game/Audio/PhononSpatializationSourceSettings’

… fun times…

Hello

Still an issue in 2020 :s
Hello dan.reynolds ! Any news on this topic ?