I remember back in 4.6 or 4.7, when I disabled a plugin that I use in my project, it would just mark the nodes from that plugin with a warning that the plugin does not exist any more.
Then later in 4.8 I think, there were no longer warnings but errors on the nodes, so I had to actually delete these nodes to be able to play the game in the editor.
Now in 4.10, the editor just crashes on startup and shows me the crash reporter and the log is telling me errors like that for every single BP where the plugin was referenced:
[2016.01.19-17.14.33:420] 0]LoadErrors:Error: Error /Game/Assets/Building/Building1 : Can't find file for asset. /Script/VictoryBPLibrary
and then crashes with
[2016.01.19-17.14.33:660] 0]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: === Assertion failed: TargetFunction [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.10\Engine\Source\Editor\BlueprintGraph\Private\K2Node_CallArrayFunction.cpp] [Line: 138]
And in 4.11P3, the crash reporter is not even showing up any more, but the project is just shutting itself down during startup.
So from version to version, it just got worse.
So now, I would have to create a copy of my project, manually find and remove all references to the plugin in all blueprints, delete all nodes from the plugin and then disable the plugin. That’s way too much work, because I have no clue where in what function these nodes are. Thanks to the BlueprintStats plugin I know that I have almost 30.000 nodes in my project, and manually looking through all of these to find the nodes I used from plugins, that just won’t work.
So I would really like to see this being improved, back to how it was in 4.6 or 4.7.