Best way to make a typing game in UE4?

I wanted to know if there were any tutorials on how to make a typing game in unreal? Or how I would go about making one. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Do you mean learning to type?

I mean like, for example, the letters ‘A’, ‘J’ and ‘F’ appear on the screen you need to pressed them within a certain time to gain a point.

There’s no best way to do this. In fact, there must be millions of ways…

I made a little BP here:

link text

What you do is download the text file. Open it and copy the contents, then paste it into the level BP.

You’ll need to right click on some of the greyed out nodes and choose ‘convert to variable’, then it will work.

It goes round in a circle asking for 3 keys and gives you 5 seconds to get them right. The just says ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’.

It works pretty well but two problems with this are:

1. You can hit wrong keys, it doesn’t test that.

2. You don’t have to hit them in order.

But you get the idea. Also, in reality, you would show the keys and ask for them using widgets, but that’s another story :slight_smile: The logic is here…

It already IS a BP.

Open the bp.txt file ( it has BP language in it ). Copy it all to the clipboard ( CTRL-A, CTRL-C ).

Then open your level BP and paste ( CTRL-V ).

Some of the variables will not be setup. So when you try and compile, you’ll get errors. You need to right click on the errors and choose ‘create variable’.

You’ll also need to enable keyboard input in the level BP. Click the ‘Class defaults’ on the tool bar and set ‘Auto receive input’ to ‘Player 0’

I am still new to using UE4 and I haven’t begun learning Code yet. Any chance you can help me convert that to BPs?