Best way to clear landscape path for road spline?

I’m looking to create a road network through some hills but I’m not sure what the best approach is to clear a path, keep in mind I’m using a procedural spline component not the landscape spline thingy. I’m looking to create a realistic embankment where the terrain is too low and to cut through the terrain where it’s too high or the gradient is unrealistically steep for a road. I’ve played around with the flatten tool and gotten some decent results, I ended up with a horizontally level path, which is what I need left to right, but I also need to create some shallow vertical dips and hills for my road which the flatten tool won’t do. What would be ideal is if i could use the landscape ramp tool like a spline but as far as I’m aware it only allows for 2 control points at a time. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok so I found a compromise, I didn’t realize you can deform the landscape to the shape of a landscape spline. I’m gonna have to carve a path with the landscape spline, then lay down my component spline on top. It’s a tonne of extra work but it’ll work.

You might want to look into the “Editor Apply Spline”](https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/BlueprintAPI/LandscapeEditor/EditorApplySpline/) node.

God ■■■■ that’s exactly what I need, Thank you!