Best motherboard for UR4?

I built my computer back in November and when I tried using UR4, my computer would freeze. Granted, my computer blue screened twice with Final Fantasy 14. I’ve asked a lot of people about what could be the problem. They told me my motherboard and CPU since my GPU (Geforce 760 2GB GDDR5) is fine to run it. So my question is what motherboard is ideal to run UR4 and will last me 4-5 years? EVGA X99 Classified, Gigabyte X99-SOC Champion, or ASUS Maximus Hero VII?

I am also open to suggestions

Here’s my current build:
Case: Corsair 760T ATX Full Tower
Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR LGA 1150 Intel Z97
Processor: Intel Core i5-4960K 3.50GHz
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB
Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
Video card: Gigabyte GTX 760 GDDR5-2GB
Power Supply: CORSAIR CX series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V

Your specs look fine to me, including your motherboard and CPU.

It’d be more inclined to think its an issue with the cooling not working properly, or your power supply causing issues.

Look around for a program that will allow you to monitor the temperature of your hardware.

If its blue-screening it could also be an issue that requires you to re-install windows freshly.

I’d say it being your motherboard or CPU are highly unlikely, unless there is a specific fault with them.

You don’t really need to worry about motherboard hardware requirements. There’s most likely a different issue going on.

Are you sure? A friend of mine said my mobo can’t handle heavy loads and that it cane randomly blue screen because of it.

Your friend sounds like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Mobo isn’t going to be a real deciding factor for performance. That’s on the processor, RAM and GPU. Some mobo’s have nice extra features, but nothing that will affect UE4 performance in a major way.

My suggestion is look at t?he dum!PS for why you are blue screening.

Also with the X99 mobos you listed: you would need to buy a a new processor as X99 is for socket 2011.

Your friend has no idea what he’s talking about.
Just download a software that lets you monitor your computer’s temperature (i would suggest Speccy Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!) and then play final fantasy or use UE and keep an eye on Speccy every once in a while.
Then report back with what the max temperature of your components reached before it blue screen.

It’s most likely caused by one of your components overheating. You should definitely check that before you start randomly swapping parts that might not be the issue at all.

I would suggest CPUID HWMonitor as a reliable temperature sensor.

A motherboard is rarely the problem, could be something as simple as bad drivers, or something as bad as a faulty hardware piece.

Well, that software tells me my CPU is at 80C at idle, so I’ll stick with the 35C I can see in my BIOS.

are you sure your CPU wasn’t under load when you checked?

Try RealTemp or CoreTemp. I’ve used both and find them pretty accurate.

also check for fault mem stick: http://www.memtest.org/

The only issue with motherboards is that since they’re pretty complex, you could receive one that’s not manufactured well, but you would know pretty quickly after using it if there’s an issue.