Best monitor setup for blueprint's programming

Hi all, this is my first post and I’m about to migrate to UE.
I was wondering what is the best monitor setup in your opinion for UE working in general.

A single monitor full hd should be ok.
2 monitors with 1080 res maybe; having an exclusive monitor for the blueprint programming?
A single monitor 4k or even 5k monitor with a nice width so the available space on screen for blueprints is not an issue?

Thanks in advance!

3 monitors 1980x1080, At least one with pivot so you can make it into portrait orientation.
This way you can have asset browser on one monitor, main window (with level and for testing) on another monitor, and 3rd is for everything else.

I also think ultrawide monitors may be quite good for unreal.

I dont understand how people can productively manage code with just a single monitor, be it C++ or Blueprints lol.

I spread my BP work over all my monitors depending on the project, their relationships, what other tools im using and just generally what feels comfortable and efficient just as if i was coding in C++.

I cringe when i watch Youtube vids and i can tell people are running on a sub 1080P monitor… How do they do it???

I actually use a laptop to do stuff that would demand precious workspace. Not the most optimal, but does the trick.

I have very little information when it comes to recommending monitors, hope this would be helpful

You should have tried it 20 years ago. All I had back then was a 14" 1024 x 768 display and Borland C++. it was awesome at the time :slight_smile:

Awesome at the time maybe, but looking back do you cringe and think to yourself how did you ever manage? lol

I do yes. I use 2 x 2560 x 1440 screens now and still don’t have enough room :slight_smile:

I’m running a single 27" 2560 x 1440 monitor. I absolutely need 1-2 more. I’d say one or two for the engine and the third for slack/answerhub/docs

How are you guys with multiple 27" monitors arranging them? I tried one central in horizontal orientation and one to the side of it in vertical orientation, but it seemed like I had to turn my head quite a bit even then to look at the side one and it’s difficult to work on blueprints on the one that is not center. I came away feeling that a massive one front and center would be preferable.

I think 8 may be a little overkill, but it it quite impressive to see. :slight_smile:

I use 2 myself, don’t really have the desk space for 3, although I would love to have a 3rd monitor sitting there.