Best modeling practice for designing own house

Hi, I’m trying to design my own house in UE4 to walk around in it befor it is created.
for now I’m trying to arrange walls and floors using geometry brushes. I’d like to be able to later move a hole floor up/down/left or right and not every little piece of wall seperately.

It seems I can’t make my brush child of an actor?

I’ve done this stuff before programamtically but I would for now be happy just desinging the model of the house without any programming.
What’s the best way to go? Or best switch to 3D modelling program?

I found that I can convert the brushes to static meshes

https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/content-creation/8183-unreal-4-converter-box-brush-to-static-mesh

But once I do that… how can I edit the dimensions, like I could do with the brush?

You will need to use a dedicated 3d modelling software (Blender is both free & plenty powerful)

Brushes are for blocking things out, getting the sense of layout, flow and scale.

Thank you. I tried Blender a few hours but it’s going to be AutoCAD fusion for now ^_^. 2 hours and I allready close to what looks like a house with all imports and exports ! :smiley:

Wicked! Choose the best tool for the job that is also the best tool for you. Good luck.