Best idea for a nuclear explosion?

I was thinking of creating a demo where in VR you could watch a nuclear test but I was thinking what would be the best way to go about it. For the flash point I’d guess that would be fairly simple. Just change the exposure settings for a few seconds for the flash of white light. Then for the mushroom cloud I was thinking about some sort of mesh that could grow into the shape of a mushroom cloud using BP’s. For the fireball that turns into the Mushroom cloud maybe a material that glows red. I’m not sure how this would work out as I haven’t seen anyone else do it in Unreal yet.

Do you think I’m going the right way about it above? Would you do it the same? If not what way do you think would be best to do this?

I bet this is the material you’ll need -> Using Material Effects | Live Training | Unreal Engine - YouTube

I don’t know, I’m a beginner though I think I would start from making a “mushroom” shape inside a 3d modeling app, apply the material above and then see how it looks and take it from there :stuck_out_tongue:

All this can be done with a particle effect. Explosions are usually a sprite sheet sequence.
You look online for tutorials, free or paid assets and the starter kit has explosions you can modify into what you want.