Begin overlap for only specific component on specific actor?

hi guys
not finding a good way to specify which component i want to check for overlap on my hero character. MY hero character has a few large objects that i dont want to generate overlaps with the security camera vision cone im working on. Right now it detected collision on any object inside my hero character(other actor - cast to bp_hero) so thats not what i need. And making overlap component doesnt work either as if i say capsule component, then the guards will also trigger the security camera.

any clue how i can do this?

1 Like

i guess this kinda words, but if anyone has a better way please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you!

You’ve got it.
You can simplify the process of checking all of the potentials by using a naming convention for the meshes.
Name your meshes for these added items to end with the same few letters. I used Add for anything that can be added to a character.

“SM_SwordLong_2_Add” for example.
Then you can test for any of them to determine i an overlap is the character figure itself by just ignoring any that end in Add.

Any naming scheme you like will work. Just use the ednd, the beginning is the full name for the character in the instance of the game you’re presently playing, so it isn’t reliable.