Begin Overlap (For an attack radius) not constantly checking

Hello, I have a bear in my game that will attack you. I have a collision sphere (with trigger collision presets) attached to the front of the bear. I have a bool set up (Is Swing?) that is triggered true or false with animation notifies on its attack animation. So far I have it setup so when my character (The Globster) goes into the attack radius sphere I get a message either saying “No attack” or “-1” depending on weather the bool is False, or True.

Currently the bear only plays the attack animation once, then returns to idle pose even if I’m still in the sphere, and It absolutely will not give me the “-1” message. I’m using begin overlap and casting to the globster, but I’ve noticed it seems to only detect me upon entering and exiting the sphere. I’d like the bear to know if I’m in the sphere, run the attack animation repeatedly until I exit the sphere, and to recognize landing a hit on the globster to give me the -1 message (I’ll swap in health later)

The overlap only happens ‘on overlap’. It’s not called IsOverlapping :slight_smile:

You need to start looping the attack on overlap and stop on end overlap.

Or, start using IsOverlappingActor on overlap to control the animation, then stop using it on end overlap.